We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Over Night train from Moscow to Saint Petersburg

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Over Night train from Moscow to Saint Petersburg

Hi,

I've got my tickets booked for my journey to and from Moscow to SPB through the RZD.ru site which I found to be not to confusing. I'm traveling to SPB on the "Smena" over night train and coming back 4 days later on the high speed "Sapsan" .

Has anyone on this forum used either of these trains and can tell me more about the journey and more importantly which train station in Moscow does the over nigh train to SPB leave from ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
518 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Over Night train from Moscow to Saint Petersburg

Please have a look tripadvisor.com/Travel-g298484-c179997/Mosco…

Scroll to "Getting to your train station (Moscow only!)." section

Edited: 27 June 2014, 13:08
2. Re: Over Night train from Moscow to Saint Petersburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2014, 14:42
Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Over Night train from Moscow to Saint Petersburg

Hi,

Thanks very much for your help. I'm staying at the Hotel Alfa so it seems sensible to take the metro as it needs only 1 station change at Kurskskya.

If anyone has traveled on either of these journeys and can give me some info or insight I'd be grateful.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Over Night train from Moscow to Saint Petersburg

use search box (just above your OP) and for each search type in "Smena", "Sapsan" - you'll see dozens posts about both trains. Also you can do the same search on SPb forum (you don't have to ask your question there, just use search)

5. Re: Over Night train from Moscow to Saint Petersburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2015, 05:17