We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ramada Domodedovo Moscow

Which Moscow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
newry ireland
Level Contributor
101 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Ramada Domodedovo Moscow

I am getting a good deal in the Ramada Domodedovo.

I am visiting Moscow for 4 days in November.

Is it possible to base ourselves in this hotel and take the

train to central Moscow each day? is this a 40 minute commute ?

how late in the evenings do the trains run?

thanks.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
4,952 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ramada Domodedovo Moscow

I just Googled the hotel web site, and if your plan is to use the hotel shuttle to get back from the airport on the way back at the end of the day (after catching the Aero there), I think you are in for a rude awakening - looks like you have to pay a REALLY steep fee...

I can understand trying to save money, but given you have limited time, I would not want to do this. Keep in mind the Aero does not run all the time, but every half hour or so, and even then, you still have a 10-15 minute Metro ride into downtown. To me, spending like 2+ hours every day just going back and forth once (and to me, I would want to maybe come back mid-day to rest a bit, then head out again), is really not a great idea. But, I see some of their rates are as low as $100-ish. Just curious...is this over a weekend by any chance? If so, LOTS of hotels have REALLY great rates (less than $150) Friday thru Monday...and these are really nice places fairly centrally located...

newry ireland
Level Contributor
101 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ramada Domodedovo Moscow

I have checked its price with www.travelrepublic.ie and it is 13 euro.

nearly too good of a deal to pass on.

i am just starting to plan this trip and wondering how the metro works.

are you suggesting travelling to the airport and then back into the city each day?

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
4,952 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ramada Domodedovo Moscow

Wow...okay, this is cheap.

What I am saying is if you plan to stay this far out, your only reasonable option would be to hop over to catch the Aeroexpress in each day to get to the Metro...but maybe you could catch a cab to the nearest Metro (have no idea how much that would be...), and then do the same coming back out. As you imagine, if it take the Aero 40 minutes, and it goes about say 40 KM/hour with no stops or traffic, that says you are pretty far out...and this is just to get to where you can then hop on the Metro, which is a little bit out as well.

Just seems like a logistical nightmare to me...but others may be smarter than me here (well, I HOPE they are!)

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,053 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ramada Domodedovo Moscow

13 euro seems too good to be true so it probably isn't. The commute to Moscow is 40 minutes from the airport but the hotel is nowhere near the airport. You can take a commuter train from Aviatsionnaya station right next to the hotel instead but it runs only 12 times a day and takes an hour. Forget taxis/buses, simply forget.

You do realize you will need a visa, don't you?

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
518 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ramada Domodedovo Moscow

>> I have checked its price with www.travelrepublic.ie and it is 13 euro

Please share your secret. The lowest rate I can get on www.travelrepublic.ie is €335 per 3 nights.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,053 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ramada Domodedovo Moscow

I checked in the morning and it did show 13 euro TOTAL FOR FOUR NIGHTS from Nov. 7 through 11 IIRC.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
518 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ramada Domodedovo Moscow

Tried and could not reproduce €13 for Nov 7-11. Either bug or sold out.

newry ireland
Level Contributor
101 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ramada Domodedovo Moscow

travelrepublic is still 13 for 4 nights from 16th november.

lowcostholidays is also giving a very low rate of 13 pp for 4 nights.

it does seem too good to be true.

If i took the comuter train from Aviatsionnaya station, where do I get off it to transfer

to metro.

sorry for all the questions, I am only starting to plan this trip.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,053 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ramada Domodedovo Moscow

> If i took the comuter train from Aviatsionnaya station, where do I get off it to transfer to metro.

Same station the Aeroexpress from the airport goes to - Paveletsky. It's the same railway track. You are one stop closer to Moscow but Aeroexpress makes no stops hence the riding time difference.

newry ireland
Level Contributor
101 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ramada Domodedovo Moscow

Thanks for your help