We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Ryazan from DME airport

Which Moscow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Epsom, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Travel to Ryazan from DME airport

Hi there

I'll be in Russia at the start of August on business. I land at domodedovo airport and want to get the bus to Ryazan shown here http://www.domodedovo.ru/en/main/getting/1/2/

Can anyone tell me where I might buy tickets please? Is there a desk at the airport, or can I buy it on the bus perhaps?

Unless of course there's a better way (I'm a nervous traveler and pretty inexperienced)? I'm staying at a hotel in Ryazan for the first part of my trip.

Thank you so much for any help.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
4,954 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to Ryazan from DME airport

I have zero knowledge of this, but do not see any advance ticket sales here...more research might yield some further results. I am quite sure one can get tickets either at an airport stand (most likely), or on the bus, the only concern being only 36 seats. Have you tried some of the contact numbers...maybe they can speak English? Out of curiousity, if you are on business, cannot whoever you are working with or for help you figure this out?

Epsom, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to Ryazan from DME airport

I tried calling but noone speaks english. I am consulting with my russian contacts, but as for over here, noone has any experience in russia!

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
4,954 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel to Ryazan from DME airport

I would surely hope your Russian contacts can help you. If not, maybe consider asking if your hotel could make inquiries for you. But again, if your contacts over there cannot help, I would be concerned for how the rest of your trip and venture will pan out...

New York
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,703 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel to Ryazan from DME airport

I looked at the sked and the bus operates once every 4 hrs - 8 am, 12, 4 pm, 8, 1 am

So if you miss the bus you are in for a for long wait

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
4,954 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel to Ryazan from DME airport

Or, if the bus is sold out...

Epsom, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel to Ryazan from DME airport

So what would be your recommended form of transport between the two? I'll have a hold suitcase. It would be a long wait!

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
518 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel to Ryazan from DME airport

Given you're "on business" and "a nervous traveler" and "have a hold suitcase" and "noone speaks english", look for a transfer. Ask your local contacts (or the hotel) to manage the arrangements. Google shows that there're several companies to take your order.

8. Re: Travel to Ryazan from DME airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2015, 05:16