We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather August 7-22

Which Moscow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
132 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Weather August 7-22

I will be arriving in St. Petersburg August 8th and Department from Moscow on August 22nd. Can anyone advise me om weather this time of year? Weather web sites seem conflicting - or should I just plan to bring layers that I can adjust? Is it OK to wear denim jeans on the street in Moscow and/or St. Petersburg?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
502 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather August 7-22

Moscow is having a warm summer (June being the exception). It doesn't look likely to change any time soon with temperatures consistently hitting the mid 25°Cs to low 30°Cs.

I doubt layers will really be necessary. Bring a sweater or two.

As for Denim Jeans: yes, of course it is ok.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
4,952 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather August 7-22

My personal experience is one cannot rely on something like "Moscow is having a warm summer". As with any climate anywhere, weather can and does change from week to week, or day to day. So, while you are getting closer to departure, I would still advise a) looking at general trends, BUT checking in with several different sources of weather forecasts one week or less before departure to see what MIGHT be in store.

Beyond that as with most any Northern Hemisphere place, the later in the summer one gets, and the shorter the days, the cooler it gets. You will have no idea of how much so in any given period (except maybe historical record temps) unless you do what is suggested - check several days before departure.

So, sure, bring a sweater and maybe a windbreaker, but no need for parkas :-)

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
132 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather August 7-22

Thank you.....i will continue to monitor several sources. Getting really excited about this trip!

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
13 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather August 7-22

I'm going next week, also from Florida, so I'm planning more for the (relatively) cold nights than anything else. I figure I'll be okay with skirts/shorts and short-sleeved shirts during the day and jeans/leggings, long-sleeved shirts and fleece at night or if it drops below 75, heh. This works for me when I'm in Chicago in August, which tends to have about the same temperature range they're getting in Moscow and St. Pete at the moment.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
4,952 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather August 7-22

Am hearing heat wave hitting Moscow, but, again, warning,,,everything evens out over time...you may arrive when the pendulum swings the other way...just keep,your eye on 2-3 different sources...

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
132 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather August 7-22

Thanks, the weather is in the 80s and one day into the 90s. Sure wish I could count on that for my trip, but as you said things can change, so I will pack for hit and cold and in between. Plan for layers and pray. HAPPT travels to you!

7. Re: Weather August 7-22

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 July 2014, 22:05
Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
4,952 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather August 7-22

Well, not cold,,,let's say cool...sweater at worst...ps...this week into the 30s centigrade...but, again, within 1-2 weeks might swing back the other way...stay tuned...

9. Re: Weather August 7-22

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 05:15