We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking train tickets re Sapsan/Lastochka card

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Booking train tickets re Sapsan/Lastochka card

I am trying to book sapsan train on the rzd.ru site, everything going well until I continue booking.

Says I need to enter Sapsan/Lastochka number which I don't have. I have read on this forum that this can be ignored, but it does not appear to be letting me continue to payment without this info.

I am booking from the UK. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,305 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking train tickets re Sapsan/Lastochka card

The last time I used this, a long time ago, the card number was NOT at all needed.

Are you sure you entered your Passport # right? Be careful, because the language they use might get one confused - I forget what type of doc one has to choose, but it is not that intuitive because of course it is written from Russian point of view.

Are you seeing error messages in English? At what point exactly is it stopping you?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking train tickets re Sapsan/Lastochka card

Thanks for your reply. I have went back on to the booking and document type I had chosen was International Passport. I have now changed this to foreign document which seems to allow me to go to the next stage. Do you think this is correct?

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,305 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking train tickets re Sapsan/Lastochka card

I just ran thru...and the Lastochka card box was NOT highlighted in pink and so was not required. Are you sure you checked "Foreign Document as your Passport type? Also, I did see there is a new box for insurance, and it is by default checked, and then asks you to check one...if you don't uncheck insurance box, you can not proceed.

So, I am quite sure it is not the bonus card that is holding you up, but one of the 2 things above...

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking train tickets re Sapsan/Lastochka card

Ebertsj,

Many thanks, I have now completed booking and printed boarding pass. First visit to Russia and a bit unsure about booking online, your help has been much appreciated.

5. Re: Booking train tickets re Sapsan/Lastochka card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 07:16