We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moscow transit

Which Moscow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Berlin, Germany
4 posts
Save Topic
Moscow transit

I have a flight from Frankfurt to Dushanbe with a stopover in Moscow. Flight from FRA to MOW is with Transaero, from MOW to DYU with UTair. I have excess baggage because im travelling with a bicycle. Now my question: do i have to pick up my baggage in Vnukovo and re-check it in? And do i need a transit visa therefore because i have to change the terminals?

I already asked the airlines a couple of times, but this is too confusing.

Transaero says: baggage goes directly to Dushanbe, no visa needed.

UTair says: I have to pick up my baggage in Moscow and i need russian transit visa to re-check it in.

Then i told Transaero what UTair was telling me: Transaero said that it is wrong what UTair is telling me. My baggage is going through because in FRA they put the sticker DYU on my baggage.

Telling this to UTair: Transaero is wrong and they cant decide this...Its the decision of UTair and Transaero has nothing to do with it.

Anyone can help me with this?

New York
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,702 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moscow transit

If the 2 airlines cannot agree on this how can someone on a forum know the answer?

Berlin, Germany
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Moscow transit

because im not the first person flying from FRA to DYU...and maybe someone else has already experienced the same...

Hamilton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
7 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moscow transit

Do you have three way calling? If so, this is a perfect time to use it. Get them all on the phone and let them argue it out. Are both flights SVO?

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,061 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moscow transit

> Get them all on the phone and let them argue it out.

Beautiful idea! ;)

> Are both flights SVO?

Vnukovo. SVO has a web site in Russian and English making everything very clear, something VKO evidently can't afford. By the way, I would include VKO in the conference call because it's their luggage handlers who are going to physically reload the bags, airlines have little to do with that.

5. Re: Moscow transit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2015, 05:15