We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

connection from VKO to DME

Which Moscow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
connection from VKO to DME

i have a transfer between airports in Moscow. what is the fast and economical way to connect between VKO (Vnukovo) to DME (Domodedovo)?

New York
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,704 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: connection from VKO to DME

Just abt the only practical way is to take a cab. I don't promise you fast I don't promise you inexpensive

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
4,955 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: connection from VKO to DME

You might want to consider taking Aeroexpress in from VKO to Metro, then Metro to the station where you can catch the Aero back out to DME...if you have a lot of luggage, would not recommend, and also, not really sure it is a great idea to try to master the Metro for this transfer. The main plus here would be predictability of time...depending on when you arrive, traffic could be an issue...as could cost.

Hamilton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
7 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: connection from VKO to DME

I've always used to Welcome Taxi. Always on time , fair price and easy to deal with. Give them a call.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,071 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: connection from VKO to DME

> i have a transfer between airports in Moscow

Fire your travel agent. Change your flights so that you don't have to change airports.

> what is the fast and economical way to connect between VKO (Vnukovo) to DME (Domodedovo)

No such way.

Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
2,869 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: connection from VKO to DME

Day of the week and time of the day is important. Please share more details with us for a better advice...

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
4,955 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: connection from VKO to DME

Excellent advice re time and day...I had meant to say that but forgot! Really, I had!

Moscow, Russia
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: connection from VKO to DME

First of all, don't forget to get a (transit) visa in advance.

Travel by Aeroexpress & Metro is possible and probably the less expensive way, though involves several changes of train/metro. But as said already, especially with luggage can take a while, also if you're unfamiliar with the Moscow metro/train system and language.

Regarding the travel by cab: The distance is, depending on the route the driver takes, approx. 60 to 70 km. The actual driving time can be anything between 1.5 an 2.5 hours, but especially at the moment transit around Domodedovo can take longer due to several road constructions along the way. Travel time probably also depends on how good your driver knows the small roads around the area :) Prices for cabs vary, though around 2200 to 2400 RUB fixed price should be the standard for a taxi with English speaking services.

8. Re: connection from VKO to DME

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2015, 05:16