We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sportivnaya Market

canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Topic
Sportivnaya Market

Anyone have directions to this market starting from the train station

by foot ?

Thanks

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sportivnaya Market

Hi there I can only give you a little bit of advise. I dont know this market but I was in Vladivostok and its a charming town. All I can tell you is that once out of the station you will be greeted by a huge lenin statue. The main town is then to the right. if you keep straight walking if you go to the left you will reach a beach area which has a stone mermaid in the bay area and a fun fair. There is a walkway with kiosks etc. I f you to the right you will come across a big square and if you walk past the square you will come to the port area and the site of the submarine and there are a few memorials from the second world war which are interesting. Sorry I cant be more helpful but I was only there for a morning. I had just arrived from the trans siberian.

have a great trip

angie

www.angietravels.com

canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sportivnaya Market

Thanks for the info.

What other information can you pass on, it would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks, again

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sportivnaya Market

not a lot - I was only there for a few hours but I covered a lot of ground - I put loads of info with pics on my travel site - feel free to check it out - it will at least give you an idea what to look for. Its actually a very nice town. Its far away so probably not that many people visit unless they do the transiberian railway. Iwas lcuky to have a lovely sunny day too. If you are interested in soviet memrobilia on the same side of the street as the submarine there is a small store with loads of soviet medals. I could have looked at them for ages but I had a flight to moscow.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sportivnaya Market

one more word - the station itself is very ornate so give that a good lookover. If you need to get to the airport then the bus is in front of the station. You should be able to find this easily enough - I remember I did. Just check the times as the bus only runs about once an hour and it takes a good hours. Cant remember the cost but it was cheap - hope it all helps

canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sportivnaya Market

Thanks for info.

regards

Ron

Bunbury, Western...
Level Contributor
607 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sportivnaya Market

We spent a couple of days in Vladivostok and loved it. It's a very crumbling city with lots of buildings, roads and foot paths needing repair but we still liked it. You can read about it here if you like: railway-train-travel.com.au/train-trip-trans…

Vladivostok, Russia
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sportivnaya Market

It is not a walking distance ( 7 km or so) .You can take a bus # 31 at the railway station. One ride costs 11 rubles ( might be 3-5 rubles increase i the nearests weeks). Being at this market or in a bus, be aware and remember about pocket thieves always. at te market you may negotiate about price with Chinese sellers ( 10% discount or so). Russian sales persons are less flexible about prices, but you may try.

canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sportivnaya Market

Thanks for information.

new zealand
Level Contributor
415 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sportivnaya Market

we will be arriving in Vladivostok by ship soon and would like to go to this market. How can we get there from the cruise port? Are taxis expensive? Can someone write the market name in russian for me please

Vladivostok, Russia
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sportivnaya Market

Taxi can be very expensive for foreigners here, up to 500 rubles one trip. You can take a bus there, which costs 13 rubles one trip. You can take bus # 31 which goes from the railroad station (next to the seaport station). The name of the market in russian рынок на Спортивной.