We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Area Palaces "Na Remont" - April 09 ?

Level Contributor
93 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Area Palaces "Na Remont" - April 09 ?

I wonder if any of you local experts would know about the following. I plan to revisit St Peterburg in the first part of April (2009) and am wondering about the status of any reconstruction work on the following architectural sites.

- Alexander Palace (Pushkin)

- Menshikov Great Palace (Orianenbaum/Lomonsov)

- Chinese Palace (Orianenbaum/Lomonsov)

The condition of these will help make some decisions for some others that might be accompanying me.

I was there last in April of 2007 – Menshikov’s palace was completely covered in scaffolding and plastic – it was inaccessible.

Alexander palace had some painting done on the upper balustrade but there was no scaffolding. I had read that they were planning to start reconstruction this year. I had hoped to visit once more in its ‘pristine’ state of disrepair!

I would appreciate any expert opinions on this...particularly the Alexander Palace.

Spasibo bolshoye

St.Petersburg
Level Contributor
800 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Area Palaces "Na Remont" - April 09 ?

Chinese palace can be seen from the outside – the restoration of the façade was completed this fall.

Grand Menshikov palace is still under the restoration.

Alexander palace – there is an exhibition called ‘memories of Tsarskoe Selo’ but the main restoration had not started yet.

2. Re: Area Palaces "Na Remont" - April 09 ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 20:18