We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Severodvinsk + Solovki

Moscow, Russia
4 posts
Save Topic
Severodvinsk + Solovki

Hi, I will spend some time in Arkhangelsk in June.

1) I would like to visit Solovki. Can anybody give me an advice how to easily go there from Arkhangelsk? I found only 3 flights with Nordavia in June.

2) I also would like to visit Severodvinsk, but I read that I need special permission because I am a foreigner. Does anybody know how and where to get this permission?

Thank you very much for your advices.

7 replies to this topic
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
518 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Severodvinsk + Solovki

1) There's an alternative to Nordavia http://www.2aoao.ru/index6e.html

2) Regional FSB is responsible for permissions. Communication should be in Russian. Call +7-8182-28-64-09

Moscow, Russia
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Severodvinsk + Solovki

Thank you for your answer.

Are any other options how to go to Solovki from Arkhangelsk? E.g. by boat?

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
518 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Severodvinsk + Solovki

Doesn't look economically feasible to me http://www.solovkicruise.ru/cost/. One can take a boat from Kem, but needs to get there first (e.g. by train, over 15 hrs).

Moscow, Russia
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Severodvinsk + Solovki

Ok, thanks. Can you tell me more information about boats from Kem?

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
518 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Severodvinsk + Solovki

>> Can you tell me more information about boats from Kem?

I guess, no, I have no personal experiense. This site in Russian …solovky.ru/new/index.php/home/kak-dobratsya holds information on how to reach Solovki

Moscow
Level Contributor
921 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Severodvinsk + Solovki

The ferries leave from Rabocheostrovsk which is about 10 kilometers from Kem. The trip to Bolshoi Solovetsky Island (the main island in the archipelago) takes about two hours. Tickets cost about 800 rubles. It's important to get there early (ferry departs at 08.00) as there are lots of pilgrims and tourists doing the trip during the summer and the ferry fills up quickly (as far as I know there are usually two ferry trips every day - the second trip at 12.30). You can also take a ferry from Belomorsk which is a slightly longer sea trip. Here's a ferry schedule but I suggest you double check that the ferries are running when you plan to go: nordictravel.ru/guide/…transfer

Moscow
Level Contributor
921 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Severodvinsk + Solovki

You can check out this thread on Solovetsky too: tripadvisor.co.za/…53031694

Reply to: Severodvinsk + Solovki
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Arkhangelsk
More Arkhangelsk Topics