We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

General Questions about Kaliningrad

Which Kaliningrad hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
General Questions about Kaliningrad

Hi all,

I am looking to travel to Kaliningrad from Belarus, with an onward journey to Gdansk. I am planning to stay in the city for a few days and it will be my first encounter with Russia.

I have a few questions that I hope someone could help me with:

1) I have seen mixed reviews of Kaliningrad, some say it is nothing but an ordinary Russian city while some say it is worth staying for a couple of nights. I hope someone local or someone who has recently travelled to Kaliningrad would advice me how many nights should I stay in the city?

2) Are things expensive in Kaliningrad? How much am I looking to spend for a day (i.e. lunch, dinner, and transportation)? I am travelling alone so I am not going to a fancy restaurant – just some local food in maybe a cafe or a normal price ranged restaurant will do.

3) As I am travelling to Gdansk after this, should I buy the onward bus ticket in advance or I can just buy it after I get to Kaliningrad?

Thank you very much for your help!

Calvin

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
518 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: General Questions about Kaliningrad

>> an ordinary Russian city

Did you mean Prussian city? I'm somewhat reluctant to apply "ordinary" to the city of Immanuel Kant.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: General Questions about Kaliningrad

I mean Russian... these are not my own words, I am just reporting other people's comments.

Would you consider it as a city worth travelling to?

3. Re: General Questions about Kaliningrad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Kaliningrad