We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

V.Novgorod to St Petersburg by bus?

Level Contributor
1 post
41 reviews
Save Topic
V.Novgorod to St Petersburg by bus?

Hi,

I and my husband are planning to visit Novgorod on 29 Sept'14 for a day. We arrive from Moscow, and head to St Ptersburg the next day.

1) We arrive by train, very early in the morning (6AM). Is public transport available at that time (our hotel - Volkhov, is nor far from kremlin)?

2) Does anyone have an idea whether Volkhov would allow early check-in at a premium, or will they charge an extra days tariff?

3) For moving around in Novgorod, do we take some sort of day ticket, or is it a pay-as-you-go arrangement?

4) How convenient is it to get buses to St Petersburg?

I am looking forward to learn from your experiences.. :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
378 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: V.Novgorod to St Petersburg by bus?

We visited In July 2013 and stayed at the Volkhov.

The train station is not far from the hotel, about 1 km, but with luggage it's best to take a taxi. The cost was about Rub150 so quite affordable! Make sure you have small notes/coins, our taxi driver had difficulty as he could not change Rub500. In the end someone in the hotel gave us change.

We arrived during the morning also, but stored our luggage at hotel. If you want to use the room right away, ask the hotel, they may let you, otherwise bite the bullet and pay for early use.

You can walk to the Kremlin, but I would suggest to visit the Visitor Information Centre first to collect information, maps and info about buses there first. The centre is in the plaza in front of the Kremlin and staff speak English and are very friendly and helpful!

Bus stops are just outside as well.

For the trip to St Petersburg I'd suggest to take the train as well (twice daily), it's new and fast and convenient.

Enjoy your visit, we did!

2. Re: V.Novgorod to St Petersburg by bus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2016, 09:15