We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need a recommendation for a Russian Folklore Show?

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
198 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
I need a recommendation for a Russian Folklore Show?

I am planning on bringing a group to St. Petersburg in November and I need a recommendation for my group to attend a Russian folklore show that includes Cossack dancing. Does anyone have a great recommendation? If so, what is the price and does it include dinner?

St Petersburg Russia
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
2,699 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I need a recommendation for a Russian Folklore Show?

The show that features Cossack dance is also the lowest price, the "Cossack Show" at the Park Inn Pulkovskaya not far from the air port. They have a nice theater at a bargain price of around 12 Euros.

There are 3 others with mostly Russian folk dancing and music but in November you will have to check the schedule because they do not stage shows every night in the winter. Dinner is not included, these are theaters not dining rooms. Some restaurants such as Demidov on Fontanka have a small show during dinner which is no additional charge..

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: I need a recommendation for a Russian Folklore Show?

Hi there,

A week ago, I attended the "Feel Yourself Russian" show at Nikolayevsky Palace. It was a little expensive at 1200 roubles for the show, but, during the intermission, it included an ample supply of champagne, vodka, and wine, plus a few apperitifs with caviar. I enjoyed the singing and dancing very much (as did my companions). Here's their website and information:

www.folksow.ru

folkshow@mail.wplus.net

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: I need a recommendation for a Russian Folklore Show?

whoops - that was supposed to be www.folkshow.ru

sorry.

St Petersburg Russia
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
2,699 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I need a recommendation for a Russian Folklore Show?

Hi Starshone

Hmmm, that does seem rather expensive, higher than most seats at the Mariinsky for world class ballet or opera. That is about $48/ticket. It is all relative, if you had a good time. All the shows have good reputations and are popular with tourists. There is a very centrally located show at the Carnaval Theater in the Anichkov Palace grounds, right on Nevsky prospekt at Fontanka River that is also very good. If I remember correctly it is about $15 for a ticket.

Madrid
Level Contributor
6 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I need a recommendation for a Russian Folklore Show?

If you decide to go to the "Feel Yourself Russian", better come about 30 min before the start and take your seats. As the seats are not assigned on the tickets, if you come "too late" you possibly won't get the best places. The travel agencies send buses of tourists to this show.

6. Re: I need a recommendation for a Russian Folklore Show?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 16:17