We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Petersburg worth a visit?

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
4,142 posts
193 reviews
Save Topic
St. Petersburg worth a visit?

Hi

My wife is going on a business trip to St. Petersburg and of course I'm wondering if I should go along :d But I have to admit that I know next to nothing about St. Petersburg and what there is to see and do there. Is it worth a 4 day stay and is it easy for a tourist to get around? Anyone got any trip reports for me?

Regards

Gard

http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
5,889 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Petersburg worth a visit?

Yes, it is worth a 4 day stay. There is PLENTY to see. If you are staying in the center of town, it is very easy to get around. It is a great pedestrian city and also has a good metro system.

St.Petersburg
Level Contributor
800 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Petersburg worth a visit?

Gard,

Most people who visit St.Pete once fall in love and always try to come back. It is one of the most beautiful and mysterious cities in Europe.

I am sure you will enjoy your 4 days.

Stay in the nice hotel in the city center, take good guide-book, use common sense and don’t forget you are in the big city.

Explore the city center and Hermitage at your own, take the boat ride along rivers and canals and go to Peterhof by hydrofoil.

There are lots of very informative web-sites explaining all major and minor sights worth visiting.

Learn some Cyrillic – it will definitely help!

Enjoy your trip!

3. Re: St. Petersburg worth a visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 13:16