We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in St. Petersburg

st paul
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels in St. Petersburg

Where would you stay for location, reasonable comfort and quiet and about $ 250 -$ 300 per night for two adults? Our travel agent through intouristi-usa has proposed booking us into the Rossia in Moscow and the Rossia in St. Petersburg. The Rossia in Moscow I understand, it is a landmark and the location is unmatched. However, the Rossia in St. Petersburg ??? Doesn't sound like it has location or anything else going for it? Any advice is very much appreciated!

1. Re: Hotels in St. Petersburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2005, 12:59
st paul
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in St. Petersburg

Thank you Steve! I think the Astoria might be out of our price range, because perhaps of the white nights...we will be there the first week in July. The rooms look like they are $ 500+ at this point...I just don't think that intourist-usa is steering us in the right direction. I checked out your link to tour guides and the Randhouse and that looks more to my liking! But unfortunately I think we are strapped into a package deal...if any of your tour guide friends can work with intourist let me know, because my friend and I are planning on guided tours throughout our trip and its always great to have fun people!!!! I'm looking forward to the trip!

st paul
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in St. Petersburg

I have written down the phone numbers for the Randhouse per the website, I'm bringing them with me when we go, in case we get into a bad hotel! I'll tell them I'm a friend of Steve!

Grenville SC
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels in St. Petersburg

Hi;

That would be a good idea but probably your hotel will be fine. Many are. If you are dissatisfied with anything or need very quick changes to your plans, "text"me at +18649060481 from Russian or email. I can text a guide, driver or call any of them on the phone if it is time sensitive.

You will LOVE St. Petersburg. Be Sure to enjoy the nightlife. It is one of the best aspects of the city.

Steve

st paul
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels in St. Petersburg

Thanks Steve...What do you suggest we do about a cell phone...our phones won't work...I have access to a tri mode phone that we used in France last year...if I bring it can I buy a sim card in Russia and get a phone number ???? Thanks for all your help...really appreciate it.

Any specifics on night life? For "older" folks that like to have fun? Middle agers that enjoy some cocktails and a nice dinner and good music and fun people? ( not exactly clubbing types...) Baby boomers.

Thanks again.

6. Re: Hotels in St. Petersburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2005, 13:00
Grenville SC
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels in St. Petersburg

If you want to go to a bit more of an adult setting try the "stable yard" It is next door to the St.Petersburg Restaurant. Lively bar, music, dancing, go-go dancers, very interesting!

Steve