We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Nevsky Prospekt Transportation

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to Nevsky Prospekt Transportation

Hello All -

I will be traveling to St. Petersburg next month and am needing information/recommendations on traveling from the airport to my hotel - the Renaissance - located in the city center.

What is the best way for me to get there - limo, taxi, etc.? The trip will be with the constraints that I do not speak Russian (although am working on my phrases) and the company is paying for it, so if a 2500 Ruble limo ride is the safest and easiest way, fine.

If limo service is best, can you recommend a service as well as provide contact information if not easily found on the web.

If taxi is the best mode, please let me know the basics on how to reserve one when leaving the airport as well as an approximate cost as I know rates must be negotiated up front. Also, if taxi is the best way, will I be able to negotiate and direct without speaking Russian? (Most likely by handing the driver a piece of paper with the cost, hotel name and address.)

Thanks in advance.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
243 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Nevsky Prospekt Transportation

My last two times in SPb I used gotorussia.com's transport service, which costs $80 US round trip. The drivers spoke absolutely no English (my Russian is pretty crappy), and the cars were none too spiffy. But I got where I wanted to go in a timely fashion, and I felt like a real Russian getting bounced around in that old Volga. Part of the charm! If... okay, when... I go to SPb again, I will use them again.

St.Petersburg
Level Contributor
800 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Nevsky Prospekt Transportation

If money is not a deal I would recommend using a transfer service offered by your hotel. The driver will be waiting for you in the arrival hall of the airport with your name on the board, he can take care of your luggage and you don’t need to explain where you want to go.

Also if you book the service of the private guide (or any other private tours) you can ask about the transfer as well. Usually the price is about 30-60 Euro (it depends on the car, company…).

Enjoy your trip!

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to Nevsky Prospekt Transportation

I have just returned from a few days in Saint Petersburg. I did not want to use a taxi as I had been told they charge foreigners substantially more than Russian citizens and I find using local transport part of the fun of travelling. I had a rucksack and a suitcase and caught a bus number K13 (K213 can also be used)from outside the Arrivals Hall at the Airport for 15 Rubles (about 30p or 50 cents ?) which took me the 5 or so kilometeres to Moskovskaya Metro station from where I caught the Metro to Nevsky Prospekt station. I then only had a short walk of a couple of hundred metres to my hotel (cost of token purchased from ticket office at the entrance (Kacca) was 20 rubles. Whole journey from station to hotel took about an hour and cost less than a pound or just over a dollar.

Metro was fast and reliable only problem is that station signs are few and not easily seen. Need to listen carefully to driver as he announces the stations or like I did just count the number of stops. You can get a map of the Metro off the web but the very helpful Lonely Planet St Petersburg City Guide also contains a map. Also there are a number of St Petersburg web sites that describe the same route.

Santa Barbara, CA
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to Nevsky Prospekt Transportation

it's definitely much better to prearrange driver services. you don't want to be running around looking for a driver, and even if you find one paying far too much than it actually costs!!! we got all our driver, guide and tickets thru www.spbtourguide.com Their meet&greet transfer service was really useful since we got not just a driver but a terrific english-speaking guide (very fluent! almost like us!!!) who gave us a short tour while we were driving to Astoria (almost next door to Renaissance by the way) and also helped us to exchange currency, get some botled water and showed some nice places to have dinner. Diana

5. Re: Airport to Nevsky Prospekt Transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 06:18