We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Moscow Railway Station

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
11 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to Moscow Railway Station

I'm going to do a Trans-Mongolian tour in April/May. The meeting starts at 6pm and most flights arrive at 3pm. Is 3 hours enough time to get from the airport to the hotel? The hotel is near the Moscow Railway Station/Nevsky Prospect. I was thinking that I'd take public transport to get to the hotel and not a taxi.

Anyone landed in St Petersburg lately that could give me an idea of how long for customs (should be carrying on my luggage), etc.

If 3 hours isn't enough then I might have to skip a stop in Vienna before hand, which I really don't want to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Moscow
Moscow
Central Russia, Russia
St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg
Northwestern District, Russia
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
St.Petersburg
Level Contributor
800 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Moscow Railway Station

Your airplane lands at 3pm so you can expect leaving the airport no later than 4pm if there is no delay or anything else unpredictable.

You can jump into the minibus #13 which brings you to the Moskovsky subway station (maximum 30min if the traffic is horrible, if not – 15 min).

Then you take a subway from Moskovsky station to Technological Institute (5 stops), change the line and do 3 more stops to Ploshad Vosstanija. That’s it. The subway ride will take you no more than 40 minutes. So it seems you have plenty of time.

Have a pleasant trip!

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
11 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Moscow Railway Station

Thanks so much! That is most helpful!

St. Petersburg...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to Moscow Railway Station

Be careful with public transport, especially with metro - you can be robbed if it's too crowded inside. Public transport is the cheapest and truly speaking the most quick way to travel inside the city, but just keep an eye on your belongings, do not put anything valuable to the pockets or rucksacks :)

Springfield...
Level Contributor
248 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to Moscow Railway Station

Getting from the airport to the center city is the only really bad part of any trip to St. Petersburg. Either you take your chances on the public transport (no way was I doing that with a great big honking suitcase) or take forever in a cab. Does anyone know if the proposed Metro upgrades will include a line out to Pulkovo?

Mentioned in this post
St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg
Northwestern District, Russia
Pulkovo Airport
Pulkovo Airport
St. Petersburg, Russia
5. Re: Airport to Moscow Railway Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 20:19