We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

proper place for welcome dinner

Porto Alegre, RS
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
proper place for welcome dinner

Hi Stanj or someone who could help out!

I am a History of Art teacher in Brazil, and will be taking a group to Russia next summer with cultural purposes mainly, I would like to take the group for dinner at our first nigth in St Petersburg in some special and tipical place, any sugestions will be nice.

Thanks a lot,

Clarisse.

St.Petersburg...
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: proper place for welcome dinner

Dear Clarisse,

Several options that I would recommend on my experience:

- Behind the Stage - restaurant of the Mariinsky theatre (decorations - to feel yourselves really behind the stage) - more information at the www.mariinsky.ru

- Petrovich - a brand new outlet of the Moscow club, I am not sure even about their site for St.Petersburg; it is something nostalgic - Soviet, not expensive, plain in cuisine (like Soviet-time food was) - located in 80 Tambovskaya st; it is not a torist place definitely - with the style based on cartoons of a popular artist-psychiatrist (agood blend0 Andrey Bilzho

By the way, how big is a group?

St.Petersburg
Level Contributor
800 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: proper place for welcome dinner

Planning a welcome dinner takes some time and requires the following information:

The size of your group and whether you want the group seat all together or at the separate tables, the budget, the need of entertainment (live classical music, Russian songs, gypsies…) and the style of the dinner (formal, casual...)

For general information check the web-site http://en.restoran.ru/spb/

Porto Alegre, RS
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: proper place for welcome dinner

Than you very much for your suggestion, I will have a look at the site you mention.

Actually we are 25 people and within my research I found that restaurant called 1913 God, pretty nice and suitable, any other suggestion?

Thanks again,

Clarisse.

Helensburgh...
Level Contributor
48 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: proper place for welcome dinner

We were in '1913' last weekend and it is certainly a lovely restaurant, if a little pricey. On the canal, near St Isaacs Cathedral was a quirky restaurant called 'Idiot' - yes, 'Idiot' - which was really different and was a little less expensive than '1913'. The food in both was very good.

St.Petersburg
Level Contributor
800 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: proper place for welcome dinner

‘Idiot’ is lovely place. But I think it is too intimate for the big group. It is very nice for romantic dinner or light lunch or small party of 5-10 friends.

Think about the restaurant called ‘Sadko’ - www.probka.org/index.php?lang=_eng&action

By the way ‘1913’ is good one if they can organize a dinner for the big group.

Restaurant ‘РЕСТОРАНЪ’ http://www.elbagroup.ru/ is known as a good place for big party.

Have a pleasant trip!

6. Re: proper place for welcome dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 12:17