We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which apartment for family

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
65 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
which apartment for family

We (2 adults and 2 children aged 10 and 8) are visiting SPB for three nights in late June - can't wait to experience the white nights. After looking through heaps of posts, we have come to the decision that we will stay in an apartment. We are thinking of booking through City Realty (but we are still open to other suggestions) but there are so many to chose from. There are lots of posts about using City Realty but very few reviews of apartments stayed at. I guess we are looking for a one/two room apartment that is clean and centrally located with a double and bed for each kid would be best for a budget of up to 150E per night. I would definitely appreciate any suggestions / others experiences.

Thanks.

Moscow
Level Contributor
209 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which apartment for family

i regulary use the services of www.apartmentres.com

cant really compare with other service providers ( you are correct, there are so many of them), but they have always provided me with decent apartments.

For white nights, you might not get the rate you aer looking at.. but certainly within E200 per night.. ( that's an additional E150 for the whole trip).

but worth spending for a good apartment in center

Moscow
Level Contributor
209 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which apartment for family

I also stayed at an apartment provided by this company..

They have a huge database. My experience was quite good. One of my friends though had to change his apartment due to bad location..

www.saint-petersburg-apartments.com

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
6,318 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which apartment for family

We used City Realty back in 2005, and stayed in an apartment right on Moika Canal, near Nevsky Prospect. It was literally right around the corner from the Hermitage/Winter Palace/Palace Square. Incredible location. Apartment was okay, spacious, clean, bright. Very funky stairwell but that seems to be standard.

With kids, it is nice to be really central. We could walk everywhere.

We stayed in a one bedroom apt, with sofabed. The sofabeds are really odd, nothing like double sofabeds in the US. Even with little kids, I wouldn't put more than one person on one. So ask for a rollaway bed to be put in the apartment before you arrive. Or take a sleeping bag.

All in all, a good experience. Furniture was a little funky but okay. Kitchen was good, and included a little clothes washer which was a godsend.

Have fun!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
65 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which apartment for family

Thanks for the suggestions and replies. I am most interested in the names of the actual apartment, as we currently have a short list of ten. The choice is so great anything to make the choice easier would be great - is there any area that is better than another? I guess Nevsky is most popular. Thanks again.

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
6,318 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which apartment for family

According to our itinerary, our apt. was at 51 Moika. However, that is an apartment building (probably 19th century), with numerous apartments in it. Ours looked out onto the canal, and was up two flights of stairs I believe. All the apts. were mapped on the cityrealty website, and the photos were quite accurate.

St.Petersburg
Level Contributor
800 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: which apartment for family

Usually the pictures reflect the reality and apartments come out to be pretty good. I have a positive experience renting an apartment from the agency called ‘Windows on Nevsky’ – www.w-o-n.ru. City Realty also has a good reputation. I would double check the smoking situation to avoid and unpleasant surprises. But in general the rooms are exactly what you see on the picture.

You can always choose the apartment based on the location. Look at the following streets:

Moika emb from #1 to #44/57

Milionnaya str

Nevsky prospect from #1 to #73/100

Stremyannaya str

Mayakivskogo from #1 to #14/9

Italyanskaya str

Karavannaya str

Malaya Konushennaya

Malaya and Bolshaya Morskaya

Fontanki emb from #1 to #30

Have a nice trip!

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
212 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which apartment for family

Lots of the same places places are available through several websites, you'll notice.

We used City Realty, who were fine & luckily good with English. 2 adults stayed at 16 Stremyannaya Ulitsa in September 2008. Nice and quiet 2 BR, looking into inner courtyard. All big rooms, Ikea-style furniture, most equipment but sheets way too short for beds, no toaster and the cable TV channels don't work for some obscure reason - otherwise good. Seemed very secure.

Good to be a block back from Nevsky Prospect which is very busy with traffic and we were handy to a good big supermarket too on Vladimirsky Prospect right near Dostoyovskaya metro. Also easy walk from Moscow station so no big need for taxis.

We booked 4 months ahead for September and the closer places around the Moyka were already gone, so move fast for June.

But with the kids you'd best check out the bus routes along Nevsky up to the Hermitage region (which are fine & run frequently) unless they are good walkers! There are 2 metros nearby but not really worth it to get up to that area, because you still face a fair walk from the nearest station/s Gostiny Dvor/Nevsky Prospect - the buses can take you all the way.

8. Re: which apartment for family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 17:18