We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

top hotel in St Petersburg

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West Chester Pa
Level Contributor
422 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
top hotel in St Petersburg

So I reviewed the hotels listed on this site, but I have a different type of question. I want to stay at the best hotel in the city, and I don't care so much about the cost. I'm trying to "impress" somebody, and I don't mind spending the money, but I don't want to spend money just to buy hotel reputation. I want a really good hotel for my money. So which hotel do you think I should select?

St. Petersburg
13 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: top hotel in St Petersburg

Hello, bobjusacoils!

What type of hotel do you prefer and what average price are you ready to pay?

Actually the Comfort Hotel, which is ranked No.1 on TripAdvisor.com is a very good 3 star hotel with a friendly staff and cozy rooms (Lux room is really perfect).

But if you want something luxurious, maybe the Petro Palace hotel is more suitable for you. Its chic interiors can impress anybody:)

Also I like the Ermitage Hotel, located on Millionnaya street.

This hotel has only 4 rooms, but all the rooms are comfortable and intimate.

Have a good time in St. Petersburg!

Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: top hotel in St Petersburg

Sorry for the previous message, but both variants mentioned are not impressive at all. If you really have to impress - Astoria or Grand Hotel Europe. Both imperial style, old, grand, with history and long list of celebs staying there. Google their official websites and choose. Good Luck!

St.Petersburg...
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: top hotel in St Petersburg

I think that Kempinsky Moika 22 can be a rival to the previously mentioned - a part of the reputable chain, located opposite the Hermitage museum entrance.

Russia...
Level Contributor
29 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: top hotel in St Petersburg

Agree: Kempinsky Moika 22 or the Grand Hotel Europe - the most impressive and "traditional" hotels. But be ready for the appropriate price, breakfasts exluded and overpriced alcohol in restaurants.

But suite rooms in both hotels are really nice and unforgettable.

There is also one more luxury hidden pearl - Taleon Club (Moika river emb.), if you dislike big hotels and enjoy privacy try this one.

5. Re: top hotel in St Petersburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 02:16