We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TJ Travel in St. Petersburg

Bethlehem, PA
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
TJ Travel in St. Petersburg

We cruised into St. Petersburg in August, 2009 on Celebrity Century. We had connected with another family with 2 children similar in ages with our two boys on cruisecritic.com prior to launch in an effort to defray the cost of the Russia tours. We had 8 people total for the 2-day tours.

Most of the tour company tours offered are the same sites in their 3 basic tour packages - the sites that everyone wants to see are the same main ones (there are so many). The tour companies are comparable in price...

HOWEVER, when we were on the grounds in the crowds or in the museums, OUR guide had a way of getting us through and/or around the crowd every time. No time was wasted in our 2 days! We saw everything planned, no rush. Our guide had lots of info to share not only about Russia's history, but also about its evolution and life today.

Also, a just a few extras I'll share -- Met a childhood artist friend at one of the churches who for 17 years has gone there to sketch faces, and sketched 2 of our children. Stopped at a small local shop for fabulous meat, vegetable or fruit pies. "Stalked" one of the many Russian brides seen in city square for photos!

Our friendly, competent professional travel guide was from:

TJ Travel www.travel-stpetersburg.com

Contact Tatyana or Julia

Mentioned in this post
TJ Travel
TJ Travel
1,679 Reviews
St. Petersburg, Russia
St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg
Northwestern District, Russia
Russia
Russia
Europe
1. Re: TJ Travel in St. Petersburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 March 2010, 21:05
St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
110 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TJ Travel in St. Petersburg

I'd be suspicious on the reviews, written by those, who have posted 1 message only. Although I am not 100% sure, it seems to be self-promotion.

If you look for reliable tour-company in St. Petersburg, Russia for non-visa shore excursions, you are free to contact any of the tour-operators, such as DenRus, Alla, RedOctober, Shorex.RU, mentioned TJ tours and choose any you like. In fact the quality of the service seems to be almost the same. Everybody who travelled is sure the company, he or she has chosen, is the best one

Mentioned in this post
DenRus
DenRus
762 Reviews
St. Petersburg, Russia
Alla Tours
Alla Tours
3,045 Reviews
St. Petersburg, Russia
St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg
St Petersburg Russia
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
2,713 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TJ Travel in St. Petersburg

They do this a lot. The wording and same phases shows that they are not native speakers and are written by the same person.

I advise people to ignore glowing reports from first time posters, they almost always turn out to be spam by the tour operator themselves.

Last year the forum was almost useless due to the number of such almost identical "recommendations".

Most of those doing this are not even legal tour companies so this is the only way they can attract clients.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TJ Travel in St. Petersburg

So are saying that TJ is not a registered legal tour company?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TJ Travel in St. Petersburg

Hi Stanj,

You have over 1,300 posts and seem to answer almost every question asked about SP. Was my question too hard for you? Let's try again worded slightly differently:

"Is TJ Tours a legal, government registered tour company?"

Waterford, Michigan
Level Contributor
200 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TJ Travel in St. Petersburg

Yes, it looks like a self-promotion indeed. Both posts are written very similar, obviously by the same person. Does not matter whether it's a legal or non-legal tour operator.

Edited: 12 March 2010, 20:46
Belmont
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: TJ Travel in St. Petersburg

Check the original of this post which gives an excellant review of TJ Travel. I had the privilage of being a part of TJ travel last summer in St. Petersburg. I cannot say enough good things about our tour. A couple and their 3 year old daughter joined me and we all had a terrific time. Americans think that it is prohibitlively expensive to hire a private tour company while in fact it is less than the cruise ships excursions.

I was on the Norwegian Jewel and their excursion price was $259 a day and most of the time was spent waiting on line. We were wisked in to every venue because we were only a party of four, as a result we had a very relaxed tour and covered much more territory than the cruise excursions.

I would be very suspicious of any negative replies about TJ Travel I recommend them highly and Stan, if your service is better why don't you just say so and stop dissing TJ Travel I am sure there is enough of business to go around.

This was my second trip to St. Petersburg and because of TJ Travel I look forward to returning. The two guides we had, Alexandra and Peter were very professional, knowledgeable and accomodating. As a matter of fact we were passing the Peter and Paul Fortress with no stop. When I expressed interest in visiting the site, even tough it was not on the iteneary, Peter instructed our driver to turn around, secured tickets for us and gave us the tour reminding us that this was our tour and no requset is too tall. Now that is SERVICE!

Clinton Creasy

Mentioned in this post
TJ Travel
TJ Travel
1,679 Reviews
St. Petersburg, Russia
St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg
Belmont
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: TJ Travel in St. Petersburg

I do not know what your agenda is but I personally had the priviledge of being a part of one of TJ Travel's tours. I do not know where you get your information but I and the couple that joined me had the most memorable visit to St. Peterburg (my second trip) thanks to TJ Travel. So instead of taking unsavory practices to boost your own business I suggest that you seek other means. I am a business man in the USA and I thrive on competion. It makes me strive to offer the best service possible in order to compete in a free market. Your tactics will only come back to haunt you.

Clinton Creasy

Mentioned in this post
TJ Travel
TJ Travel
1,679 Reviews
St. Petersburg, Russia
Springfield...
Level Contributor
248 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TJ Travel in St. Petersburg

I'm glad you had a good time in St. Petersburg, "Clinton." I am also glad you feel privileged (or privilaged, or priviledged) to have worked with TJ Tours.

But blatant shows of disrespect toward the Forum Experts won't win much regard for your opinions, even if you are a "business man in the USA" and "thrive on competion."

Mentioned in this post
St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg
MA
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TJ Travel in St. Petersburg

I see some criticism but no direct answer to a simple question

"Is TJ Tours a legal, government registered tour company?"