We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entertainment other than museums etc?

Brighton
1 post
Save Topic
Entertainment other than museums etc?

Hey there!

My Mum and I are off to St Petersburg on Friday and although we love museums and architecture we both wondered whether there was entertainment there that wasn't based solely on culture. We both have always wanted to go to the city and booked this trip on a whim and are now worried that there won't be enough there for us to do apart from art galleries etc. Can you guys help/suggest places to go? We're there for four nights. We'd be quite interested in ice skating/seeing an ice hockey match etc.

Many thanks for your replies :)

L Buxotn

St Petersburg Russia
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
2,705 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Entertainment other than museums etc?

There is a MAJOR problem in St Petersburg regarding activities. I run into it every night.

That is, there is just too much to choose from that I get tired or thinking about it. Ice Hockey? Yes, both professional (the Ska St Petersburg team)league play and amateur leagues all over the city.

Concerts, temporary exhibitions, festivals( international animated film festival for example)clubs, seminars, circus, and more are staged every day somewhere in the city. I was a good boy and stayed in my apartment 3 days last week, the most I have in 7 years, but mostly because I entertained at home since getting a great new housekeeper who made me want to stay home and enjoy it. I usually go for dance clubs and classical music or ballet but even in those limited fields, the nightly choices are numerous.

St Petersburg is one of the most social cities you will find anywhere so just going out to an English pub and talking with locals will be an interesting evening and will make new friends. Most tourist see the sights but not the city as a current vibrant social Mecca where it is easier to meet other people with the same interests than any city I've ever visited. That is a shame that most visitors do not see this aspect of St Petersburg because it is one of the easiest to do, and often costs nothing except maybe the price of a pint.

2. Re: Entertainment other than museums etc?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2010, 05:18