We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On my own on Monday

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
On my own on Monday

We are spending the weekend in the Hermitage but my husband has to go to meetings on Monday, leaving me on my own until my flight home at 5pm. I will have seen plenty of art and gilt in 48 hours, but I enjoy history (and want to be warm indoors). What should I do in this short time? Also does anyone have any restaurant recommendations? We're staying on Nevsky Prospect and are looking for authentic St Petersburg meals! many thanks

St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
150 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: On my own on Monday

I can suggest you to spend some time in the Russian museum also and to see Russian paintings. In the Hermitage it will be almost only European art. For your child our circus could be an interesting and unfogetable experience. There is a good restaurant Hutor Vodogray just infrant of circus on Karavannay sreet. Enjoy our city! Masha.

Edited: 20 February 2010, 09:38
St.Petersburg
Level Contributor
800 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: On my own on Monday

State Russian Museum, Savior-on-the-Spilled Blood church, museum of Ethnography - all these sights are located near each other and very close to Nevsky prospect.

Yusupov palace is another point of interest.

Or a day trip to Catherine's palace to see the Amber Room

Springfield...
Level Contributor
245 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: On my own on Monday

Definitely the State Russian Museum. I have spent a day at the Hermitage and enjoyed it greatly, but I much prefer viewing Russian art. It gives me an opportunity to view the Russian lands and people and culture through the eyes of Russian painters and plastic artists.

In fact, I am studying up for my next visit to the State Russian Museum... on March 13, 2010. Yahoo!

Edited: 20 February 2010, 16:57
4. Re: On my own on Monday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2010, 05:17