We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Symphony tickets?

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Springfield...
Level Contributor
247 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Symphony tickets?

I am very interested in attending a performance at the St. Petersburg Philharmonic next month. There are a couple of websites where I could purchase a ticket, but would it be better (and/or cheaper) to purchase the ticket once in SPb? Or would this be something the concierge at the Astoria could do for me - and if so, what should I tip the concierge? Thanks in advance...

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Symphony tickets?

You can try www.philharmonia.spb.ru/eng/indexi.html.

We guess the concierge of any hotel would reserve it for you upon your arrival too.

St.Petersburg...
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Symphony tickets?

The best thing is to do it yourself at the box office of the Philharmonic - to escape high surcharges of a concierge...

Springfield...
Level Contributor
247 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Symphony tickets?

Thank you both for the advice! Would it be easier to order the ticket online and pick it up at the box office? I'm just concerned that my Russian is so spotty I might wind up asking for fifteen tickets to a Tikhon Khrennikov festival or something like that.

St.Petersburg...
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Symphony tickets?

Only the Mariinsky theatre provides direct internet sales of all music venues in St.Petersburg...

St Petersburg Russia
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
2,699 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Symphony tickets?

How shortly before the performance will you arrive? If a week, just get them the box office or one of the ticket kiosks, they will be cheaper.

If you have not heard a performance that Mariinsky Concert Hall you ought to get tickets there also. It is probably the most pleasing concert hall in the world for acoustics. It has really gained a high reputation internationally since it opened. The otherwise very good Philharmonic Hall sounds like a high school gymnasium in comparison. Since that was my professional career for decades it comes from one with experience. In front or behind the orchestra, there are no bad seats for sonic balance and reverberant field control.

And to think it is only the "temporary" hall to be torn down later...Lets hope the Mariinsky II will be as good.

St Petersburg is heaven for performance fans, with vast choices, many of which are quite low in price, every night of the year. I know a number of Europeans, Americans and Asians who moved here full time just for the cultural opportunities that just are not found in such abundance or quality anywhere else.

6. Re: Symphony tickets?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2010, 07:17