We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gold Room, Hermitage

Creemore
Level Contributor
64 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Gold Room, Hermitage

On our tour, we have 2 1/2 hours there. Should we also include the Gold Room, or will we have seen enough? What would we see in the Gold Room that we might regret not seeing?

St.Petersburg...
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gold Room, Hermitage

Gold rooms of the hermitage are non-available duering regular tours as a special voucher is needed. There are 2 departments, containg considerable amount of gold and jewels from archaeological excavations and private collections of members of the Imperial family. 2 1/2 hours is not enough for both regular tour and Golden rooms - at least 3 hours are needed.

If you are not a passionate lover of jewelry and luxurious gifts - you can skip it. But you may regeret not seeing fantastic microtechnique of ancient Greek masters or opulent decorations produced by French masters for the Russian court, or English watches, or German snuffboxes, or horse blankets with some 16000 diamonds...

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
44 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gold Room, Hermitage

I don't mean to hijack this thread but am wondering - if you're NOT on a tour how do you get tickets for the Gold room? I don't see any online -I only see single day ticket or combo-2 day ticket. My hotel (as a promotion) is giving us what they call VIP Hermitage tickets. I assume these are 1 day tickets and do not include the Gold Room so am trying to figure out how I get vouchers to see those rooms. Thanks!

St.Petersburg...
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gold Room, Hermitage

Usually they do have tours of the Golden rooms in English once a day during the high season - but tickets available only on the day of the tour from a box office (after standing in line).

The other option - to order your own individual tour via tour office of the museum (available only for those staying in St.petersburg - no on-line possibilities).

4. Re: Gold Room, Hermitage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2010, 05:17