We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from the Airport

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dartford, Kent, UK
Level Contributor
3 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from the Airport

We're going to St Petersburg at the end of June and have received conflicting advice as to the best way to get from the airport to the Hotel Comfort in Bolshaya Morskaya str. We're two 60+ women - so we don't want to drag our suitcases miles but don't want to be ripped off. Should we get the hotel to arrange a taxi? What is a reasonable cost for the fare?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

USA
Level Contributor
224 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from the Airport

You can check previous posts... Supposedly, there is a desk at the airport that arranges taxis for reasonable prices, 1/2 or 1/3 the price you get from the hotel.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from the Airport

There is the taxi desk at Pulkovo airport with official prices depends on the area you like to get. Normaly the price (airport-center of the city) is about 1000 rubles (25-26 Euro). The cost of hotel transfer is higher but it is more comfortable. Hotel driver will wait you with name-indicate board and take care of your luggage. I cannot say for Comfort hotel, but usually the transfer service is charged to your account and you should not think about the way of payment, exchange money, etc. upon arrival. Note that you need pay for taxi in rubles only so if you decide to hire the taxi at the airport you should think about money exchange. You can do it at the airport at one of currency exchange offices.

St Petersburg Russia
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
2,699 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from the Airport

Nowadays, since there has been more competitive environment for taxi companies, the costs are a lot lower getting from or to the airport from the city center. I used to arrange for transportation prior to flights or for pickup when I return "home" to St Petersburg. But now it is reasonable to just get a taxi. The last time I got a taxi to and from the airport, to the city center it was 480 Rubles to the airport and 600 on the return from the airport. In both cases the cars were new comfortable cars(actually station wagons), not the old beat up Volga's that you see along Nevsky prospect where the taxi vultures hang out hoping to snag a clueless tourist for a big kill.

In the "bad old days" when there was no competition the rogue drivers would demand anything they wanted. I was quoted $200 once when the driver saw that he was the only one left at the airport. I ended up using the metro for, at that time, $0.36.

Canada
Level Contributor
87 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from the Airport

We are arriving into St. Petersburg at 9pm is it easy to get a taxi into our city centre hotel. As we will be tired really don't want to do any haggeling but a taxi stand with fixed prices would be great.

scottsdale az
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from the Airport

We are staying at Comfort Hotel in September. They quoted me 1500 roubles for transportation from the airport to the hotel..

6. Re: Travel from the Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2010, 05:15