We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We LOVED St. Petersburg

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
202 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
We LOVED St. Petersburg

What a wonderful, gorgeous city! The canals, the architecture, the museums, the palaces....such glitter and beauty. I'm so glad we had 2 full days to explore and enjoy this beautiful city.

I can't thank our guide Inna (from Alex's Tours & Travel - stpetersburg-guide.com) enough, she made the whole experience a blessing. Her english was flawless, she even understood our ridiculous jokes, didn't flinch when my wild and crazy group sang songs and acted rowdy on the bus! We all fell in love with her.

Alex totally personalized our tour for us, and even arranged a tour of a Russian Fire Hall (several of my group are firefighters), which was amazing!!!

Thank you Alex, Inna, thank you St. Petersburg for your warmth and hospitality. We will return one day soon!!!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We LOVED St. Petersburg

I have been reading many Alex name and I am not sure if this Alex Tour and Travel is the same as Alex with email address as:

alex-lyubim@mail.ru

Alex Tour put is his name as alexp. I am confused.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,643 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We LOVED St. Petersburg

Great city.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
202 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We LOVED St. Petersburg

I don't THINK it's the same Alex, fly2cworld...but I don't know for sure. I just used the website I mentioned in my original post. You could check it out from there.

Can't wait to go back!

Ukiah, California
Level Contributor
159 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We LOVED St. Petersburg

How many people were in your tour group? Just you and your travel partners? How far in advance did you make the arrangements for the guide? I am going on a cruise in August and will have 3 days to see the sights...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
202 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We LOVED St. Petersburg

Sorry, lovefur, I was away from my computer for a while...

There were 16 of us in our tour group, and we were all in the one mini bus, it was fantastic!!!! We were there for 2 days.

Ukiah, California
Level Contributor
159 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We LOVED St. Petersburg

Diamondlover,

thanks for the reply.

I'm trying to decide if I should book a personal tour for just my mother and myself or let Alex group us with other people. What do you think?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
202 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: We LOVED St. Petersburg

It's hard to guess, because I don't know if you'd be in a van with like-minded people. Mind you, the guide spends so much time amusing you with anecdotes and history tidbits etc, who you're actually WITH in the van probably isn't all that important! All I know is our entire group loved Alex, and our guide Inna, and our driver "Len" (we nick-named him), and I can't imagine doing it any other way!!!

Email Alex, because he can let you know what your options are, and if you choose to go it alone even after you gather this information, he will not be the least bit annoyed, it's not his style, believe me!

Ukiah, California
Level Contributor
159 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: We LOVED St. Petersburg

thanks for the encouragement and info. sounds like you had a really great time!

Raleigh
Level Contributor
36 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: We LOVED St. Petersburg

We are planning a cruise trip to dock in St Petersburg in August2010, We would like to take a private tour and are concerned about safety and visa requirements. Would you please advise us of your experience and how you arranged for a private tour. Also, I understand the cruise ship delays people from disembarking if they take private tours. Is this true in your case. Thank you MsMiata28

St Petersburg Russia
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
2,705 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: We LOVED St. Petersburg

Last year was real chaos getting off the ships for a while because of a scam that was created by fake letters giving permission to the ships to delay people not buying tours through the ship. They received a great deal of flack and lost sales and cancellations when it was discovered that only ships controlled by Carnival Cruise Lines were doing it. This year they are not causing the problems for their passengers since they were losing sales to cruise lines that did not mistreat their passengers.

The visa free entry is easy, just book a tour with any of the authorized tour operators, show your tour ticket and passport to the immigration control officer and you are allowed in the country to join your guide and tour.

Get answers to your questions about St. Petersburg