We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mariinsky Theater to the River port

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Berkeley, CA
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Mariinsky Theater to the River port

Can anyone tell me how much a taxi should cost from the Mariinsky Theater to the River cruise port, and how to order such a taxi ? We have ballet tickets on June 20. and our ship will be docked at Oktyabrskaya naberezhnaya, 31, Pier Utkina Zavod.

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
975 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mariinsky Theater to the River port

Hi

The River Port is located at Metro Station Proletarskaya, on the Green Line, Line 3.

gate1travel.com/european-river-cruise/about-…

Gostiny Dvor is the closest Line 3 Station to the Marinsky ---

is 5 stops on Line 3.

A cab from the Theatre to the Metro is one way, not so expensive.

Sorry can't comment re cab for the full distance.

Hopefully another contributor.....

Russia
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mariinsky Theater to the River port

I do not recomend you to get to river port in Utkina Zavod' by metro. In fact port is more than 1,5 km away from metro station Proletarskaya and on another bank of the river. Take a taxi (you can call any local taxi service). It'll cost you 500-600 Rubles (or less) and you and your bags will be absolutely safe.

Berkeley, CA
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mariinsky Theater to the River port

Thank you Russian girl. You are one who knows.

I suspected just what you said, because I consulted a Google map and saw that the address is on the other side from the Metro. My American agent had no idea how far from the station.

But how do I arrange a taxi? I will not have a cellphone. Are there pay phones at the Marliinsky? Do they use coins or tokens? Could I arrange it reliably on the morning of the same day? If yes, perhaps my ship could do it for me. Would appreciate some suggestion.

Edited: 10 June 2010, 16:59
Russia
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Mariinsky Theater to the River port

Sorry for the delay with the answer. I know that there are phones in metro ( under and over ground). But I'm not sure if there are phones in or near Mariinsky. Probably is is better to buy local phone card (sim card) in the office of operators - MTS (MTC on Cyrillic alphabet), Megafon (Мегафон), Beeline (Билайн) or Tele2. It is cheap - pay 100 rub (less than 4USD) or a bit more for the card and you recieve the card with 100 rub on it (i mean you can call instantly and that is enough to call a taxi service). Also all emergency calls are available for you ^)) bur i hope you will not use it)

Edited: 16 June 2010, 14:46
Basking Ridge, New...
Level Contributor
248 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mariinsky Theater to the River port

Few days ago leaving from St Pete we used taxi service ‘Taxi Blues’ + 7 182 321 8888 (the fare cost less then half from what our hotel charges). We hired taxi the day before; receptionist called 10 min prior pick up to tell us model and car color.

There is also city taxi # 068, but it did not work from our cell, only landline.

We had local ph# with Beeline (Билайн) – 150Rub. They need to see your passport to register the local number.

Edited: 16 June 2010, 19:26
Berkeley, CA
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mariinsky Theater to the River port

Thank you for the suggestions (from both Russian girl and travfirst). I will take along my cellphone and buy a Sim card. Taxi Blues sounds good, I have seen other recommendation for it.

Basking Ridge, New...
Level Contributor
248 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mariinsky Theater to the River port

I hope you know that you need an unlocked phone to use with purchased SIM card. If you don’t have an unlocked phone - call your service provider ASAP. They often are not happy to unlock your phone, might send you to the phone maker (normally waste of time) and it could take more then one call on your part. If you have your prior/older phone, sometimes it’s easier to unlock it, as it’s no longer under contract.

There are number of helpful posts on Fodors.com: http://www.fodors.com/search/results_community.html?search=unlocked+phone

Berkeley, CA
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mariinsky Theater to the River port

Thanks,

Yes i know about this locked phone racket. Right now I am working on trying to have it unlocked. A royal pain!

9. Re: Mariinsky Theater to the River port

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2010, 05:16