We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Helsinki- anyone been on it yet?

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry from Helsinki- anyone been on it yet?

Hello, with this new ferry service could anyone who has used it please give a brief update on experience... I think it started last month? Thanks

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry from Helsinki- anyone been on it yet?

This ferry service seems to be as popular as a visit to the dentist... surely by now someone has used it?

New York
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry from Helsinki- anyone been on it yet?

I saw a very mixed review on this board saying the ferry is old and service has room for improvement.

St Petersburg Russia
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
2,705 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry from Helsinki- anyone been on it yet?

The Princess Maria is gaining popularity, with some days having 1200 passengers. I have not been on it but it looks good from the exterior, built in 1982 and refurbished a couple times.

I am outside the country right now, will return early next week and will probably take to ferry to check it out in the next couple weeks.

The night club on board has been taken over by friends who own the most popular night club chain in Russia so their are planning regular party cruises that could be a lot of fun. A cabin for two is about what the cover charge in some clubs is for one person on land so they might have hit on something. It is supposed to run throughout the winter in addition to the tourist season.

New York
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry from Helsinki- anyone been on it yet?

Not to mention the offshore gambling thing - I think those guys will do OK.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry from Helsinki- anyone been on it yet?

Stanj... any idea who to contact when the 'book here' bit doesnt work? I'. trying to get the 'special' but the advertised special for a 1st class cabin cannot be booked at the discounted price... in September... it all seems very dodgy... no contact details for the operator anywhere on the website...

New Jersey, USA
Level Contributor
491 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry from Helsinki- anyone been on it yet?

I also tried to book online and had issues/questions. I sent an email to sales@stpeterline.com. However, I did not receive a reply.

Fargo USA
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferry from Helsinki- anyone been on it yet?

Stan,

Can a person do back-to-back visa free ferry trips? I would like to spend 5 days in the city. I was thinking we could do a three day trip, ferry back to Finland for a side trip to Tallinn and head back to St Pete on the next ferry and get 6 total days in the city. Is it possible?

Sydney AUS
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ferry from Helsinki- anyone been on it yet?

www.TourDeForce.travel<http://www.tourdeforce.travel/>. This travel agency has been very responsive in assisting me to book tickets on the ferry.

Toronto
Level Contributor
11 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ferry from Helsinki- anyone been on it yet?

I also ran into a problem with their "Book now" applet not working, so because time is short I resorted to one of the many tour agencies they list under "Sales Offices." I tried several in Finland, and all responded in English, so I went with one my Finnish friends had originally suggested.

St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ferry from Helsinki- anyone been on it yet?

Try this booking engine: tourdeforce.travel/helsinki-st-petersburg-fe…