We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Searching for a rental in St Petersburg

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 posts
Save Topic
Searching for a rental in St Petersburg

Hello, I am going to be visiting my girlfriend and our baby who live in St Petersburg - arriving Oct or Nov (unclear so far).

I'll be obtaining a private visa for a 3 month period.

I am trying to find a way of renting an apartment privately in order to avoid the high costs of agency fees.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciate.

Thank you

St Petersburg Russia
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
2,705 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Searching for a rental in St Petersburg

The private visa specifies that you are to stay with the sponsor at the address she is registered at, who is also to assume responsibility for you during your stay. It is not a general tourist visa for staying in commercial accommodations.

2. Re: Searching for a rental in St Petersburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 August 2010, 11:05
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Searching for a rental in St Petersburg

Hello Stan,

Understood. I've researched about as well as one can (I think) about it and the point you bring up was a question I thought about.

I figure the formalities are rather strict, but in all reality once arriving legally, the likelyhood of my place of residence being physically verified would be a slim chance.

Am I presuming too much?

TX
Level Contributor
53 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Searching for a rental in St Petersburg

I rented flats in June from Irina. She is great. We were late arriving due to a visa issue (couldn't get thru Belarus from Kiev) but she still set us up in a flat right off Nevsky Prospect, the week before White Nights. Her English is good, her husband Mikhail is nice, they are both highly educated and know the city well. Don't worry abut the "russian bride" slant. Most of the apmt finders have that on the side. It's more prevalent in Ukraine. Here is the link

http://w w w.intro by irina.c o m/aboutus.html (no spaces, I don't want it blocked by TA). Nikoli in tejas

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Searching for a rental in St Petersburg

Thank you very much for sharing. I'm definitely sold on contacting her for a rental now =)

6. Re: Searching for a rental in St Petersburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2011, 05:17