We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What time will I get through ferry passport control?

Fargo USA
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
What time will I get through ferry passport control?

Arriving by ferry mid Sept. I want to hire a car that will take my family directly to the apartment we rented. Ferry arrives at 9:30, but we need to disembark and get through passport control. What time should I request pick up at the ferry terminal? Is 10:00 too early? The car fees are quoted for the rail station $35 and the airport $55. What should I reasonably expect the car service to charge for pickup at the ferry.

I know I am paying a premium, but the driver has the apartment keys and with 8 people we fill two cars.

St.Petersburg...
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What time will I get through ferry passport control?

The line can be pretty long - unless you quickly rush well in advance. Just 3 weeks ago in Helsinki getting off the feryy and letting an hour after athe arrival to pass - I had to wait about half an hour in line. Here it won't be easier - with probably 3-4 control booths available.

Are you planning to hire 2 cars or a minibus which will be better for 8 people?

Prices for transfers usually suggest some waiting - but that should be specified in advance with a company. An airport transfer should be within $30 per car from a taxi company - so from the ferry it should be similar.

St Petersburg Russia
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
2,705 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What time will I get through ferry passport control?

Where is the apartment, it might be a decent price, or too high based on destination, which rail station is $35. Is that per car? One van might be cheaper if that quote is per vehicle.

3. Re: What time will I get through ferry passport control?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2011, 06:27