We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa Assistance

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kent, England
Level Contributor
231 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Visa Assistance

If we book a trip to St. Petersburg by using Expedia to book the flights and hotel, how do we then arrange our visas? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Apologies if this is a repeated post.

moscow
Level Contributor
518 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa Assistance

Below are some older posts on this issue. If you search this forum for "visa invitation" you will find some info. Some visa agencies sites resommended below also provide visa requirements.

Hi.

Invitation-is a hotel voucher plus a 2nd paper with all the details like who's inviting you, etc.

Many hotels give you that invitation (make sure it's 2 pages) for free if you stay with them, i'd recommend contacting the hotel you r staying at.

However if not it's probably cheaper to do through the agency.

You can do that through the i-net as well, go to

www.waytorussia.com or www.visato russia.com or smth like that, depending what country you live at they even can go and obtain that visa for u. from UK we paid 82 pounds for everyhting-incl.invitation, visa fee and agency handling, we only had to send them off our passport and 2 photos, all came back in 2 weeks.

The hotel will send a voucher which is a 2 part document by email or fax free of charge so just contact them by email or call them if you are in a hurry. Normally, they send them out within 24 hours.

There have been other long posts about how to apply, it is really easy. I am sure I wrote about it a month or two ago so check my past posts.

Visa agencies contact tour agencies or hotels to get the invitations since foreign based travel services are no authorised to provide the visa invitations themselves. A few of these middlemen have gotten pretty big due to extensive advertising but they are still just middle men who take a cut and isolate you from the actual tour company which is inviting you. Save money and deal directly is my advise after having terrible problems with one agent in particular, Go To Russia.com. A friend visited last week from NYC and he reported dissatisfaction with them also getting his visa invitation. The Russian based companies are readily available on the internet. Hotels not only provide the invitations but will register them for free when you arrive.

Have a good trip

Stan