We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changes to visa registration

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
338 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Changes to visa registration

This article mentions there will be a change in requirement for registering visas allowing up to 7 business days. Does anyone know if this is true specifically for tourist visas?

themoscownews.com/local/…188498547.html

As I read this, if I arrive in Russia on a Monday and leave on a Monday I am not required to register?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
338 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changes to visa registration

Correction:

As I read this, if I arrive in Russia on a Monday and leave on the very next Monday I am not required to register?

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,517 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changes to visa registration

There can be no changes to "visa registration" as there's no such thing. You won't find that term in any official document. As for proposed changes to the migration registration of foreign citizens, it's too early to speculate as the bill with amendments has not been signed and the date of its coming into force has not been set yet.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,255 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Changes to visa registration

I may have missed more detail in another thread, but why are you worried about registration? Are you not staying at a hotel? If you are, this is a very painless, and typically free thing...

Again, my apologies if I am missing something!

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,255 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Changes to visa registration

Oops...I may have "lied" re: charge for registration given this St. P...my experience in Moscow has been free, while I started getting hit with a $6 fee in St. P, and when I asked why, the hotel (Marriott Courtyard) said, "unlike Moscow, customary to collect a nominal fee"...but stll not a big deal monetarily to worry about...

St Petersburg Russia
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
2,705 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Changes to visa registration

The proposed changes in registration applies to employers and foreign work permit holding employees, not tourists or business visa holders.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
338 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Changes to visa registration

Actually, my sponsor did not charge for the letter but is charging for registration on arrival. That is why I asked if this change is applicable for tourist. Thanks for the info.

7. Re: Changes to visa registration

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 15:17