We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mikhailovsky Theatre

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Mikhailovsky Theatre

We have obtained tickets to Swan Lake and transportation for this theater. Our problem is that we will be picked up at 6 pm and dinner on our boat is at 7 pm! Is there any food service at all at the theater, perhaps during intermission?

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,229 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mikhailovsky Theatre

yes, there's a cafe you can use during the intermission. Usually they serve tea, coffee, wine/strong alcohol, sandwiches with cheese, grilled meat, smoked salmon, sometimes with caviar, some sweet cakes and candies. However, the prices might be very pricey :( ...

May be you can try to ask at the restaurant on your boat if they can give you some food (like sandwiches) "to go" so you can eat on your way?

Or, if you get to the theater in time you can stop at a self-service restaurant called "Фрикадельки" ("Frikadel'ki") on the corner of Italianskaya street and naberezhnaya kanala Griboedova (Griboedov's canal embankment). It's a self-service place, so it should be quick.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mikhailovsky Theatre

Svetakoshka:

Thanks so much for your reply. We have hired someone for transportation to and from the theater, so I don't know if he would appreciate us eating in his car ..... how expensive is the food at the theater? Any ball park figures? smoked salmon and caviar with a glass of wine sounds delightful ;-)

We're hoping to have some time in between our day tour and pick up for the ballet to do a "quick change act" to dress up for the ballet, but in case we don't have time, I guess we would be okay as long as we at least don't wear shorts and sneakers?

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,229 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mikhailovsky Theatre

hi, sushi3,

I'd say sandwiches 80-150 rubles a piece, coffee 100 rubles and up, cakes 100 and up.... champagne might be around 150 rubles/100 gram....

You're correct about the "dress code". Even though I don't think they have a formal right to stop you from going in in shorts/sneakers, I would suggest at least long pants/jeans.

Enjoy the show!

4. Re: Mikhailovsky Theatre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 05:17