We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Operators for St Petersburg Russia

Houston
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Tour Operators for St Petersburg Russia

We are sailing with Celebrity Constellation in August and do not care for large tour groups. Who do you recommend for :

a 2 day tour to St Petersburg

a 1 day tour of Berlin

a 1 day tour of Copenhagen

St Petersburg Russia
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
2,705 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour Operators for St Petersburg Russia

I think there is only one company which offers its own tours in each of those countries. DenRus.

The Russian owned companies have not been able to get set up in other countries but DenRus is American.

Brevard County...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour Operators for St Petersburg Russia

Our party of four just returned from a Baltic Cruise on Holland America. We booked a private 2 day tour with http://www.bestguides-spb.com/. I could not possibly say enough good things about them. It was hands down the highlight of any trip I have taken. After you provide them with your information, they will provide you with a tour ticket which gets you through customs with no problem.

Your tour will be catered to your preferences, and they arrange it so you will avoid massive lines and traffic jams. I doublt I spent even five minutes in any lines, including The Hermitage. Our guide was Lisa, and she was perfect.

3. Re: Tour Operators for St Petersburg Russia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 June 2011, 05:36
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour Operators for St Petersburg Russia

We just returned Saturday evening from our Baltic cruise, and we used SPB-Tours (website: www.spb-tours.com) for our two-day visit to St. Petersburg (the weekend of June 18 and 19) and one-day cruise visit to Berlin from Warnemunde on June 12. Our two-day tour was with four people only (at my request), and we never waited in a single line, including at the very busy Catherine's Palace. Our guide Natalya was very knowledgable in the areas I requested: history and art, and adept and getting us through any crowds.

I organized 16 people for our tour to Berlin, all recruited via our roll call on sister website cruisecritic, and our American tour guide, Heather, was a genius in her organization and arrangement of our stops.

SPB recently has begun offering tours in Helsinki and Tallinn as well, but we did these two ports on our own, using Rick Steves' walking tour from his Scandinavia guidebook for our day in Tallinn. Because our cruise started in Copenhagen, we toured there for three days on our own also using our Rick Steves' guidebook.

SPB's Anthony was very responsive to all of my emails while I arranged our itinerary for both tours; SPB owner Viktoria greeted us personally in St. Petersburg at the port, as well as at the end of the second day and her husband Steffen greeted us in Berlin at the beginning and end of our day there as well. Wonderful personal service, excellent website, superb organization; I highly recommend this company to you.

Edited: 28 June 2011, 16:59
Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
26 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour Operators for St Petersburg Russia

We cruised June 4-15 with Princess. Like Cinti on the post above mine, we used SPB-Tours for Warnemunde/Berlin. We had 20 in our group and paid 100 Euros per person. There were two groups of us on the very comfy, air-conditioned bus ride to/from Berlin, and the other group split off into their new Mercedes van once we got to Charlottenburg Palace. Our group remained on the bus, and Heather was our super guide through West and East Berlin. I think everyone was quite pleased with this tour.

For St. Petersburg, we booked with I Travel SPB for the 2-day Comprehensive Tour ($315 adult & $285 student.) We could have been placed in a group of 10-12, but it ended up being only our family with our excellent guide Anna Mazenkova and driver Vladamir in his new, spotless, air-conditoned Volkswagen minivan. It was amazing to be able to see so many sights and have such flexibility with our personal guide and driver! I chose this particular tour so that we could visit many places in the city the first day (Cathedral on the Spilled Blood, Peter & Paul Fortress, St. Isaac's Cathedral, lunch in a Russian restaurant, Hermitage Museum, Nevsky Prospect, and shopping in the market next to Cathedral on the Spilled Blood and also in a very nice gift shop near the Mikhailovsky Theater. We spent the second day out in the countryside with visits to Catherine Palace & Gardens and Peterhof. In addition, I was extremely pleased that Eugeniya at I Travel SPB was able to buy evening tickets and arrange for Vladamir to take us to and pick us up from the world-class Mikhailovsky Ballet, where we saw Swan Lake (an extra expense of around $300 for excellent seats plus transportation.) I could not have been more pleased with our 5-star experience in St. Petersburg!

6. Re: Tour Operators for St Petersburg Russia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 10:18