We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yet another question about Taxi from Airport to City

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
184 reviews
Save Topic
Yet another question about Taxi from Airport to City

Hi,

I have read here some recommendation about how to get to St Petersburg from the Airport. I am set on taking the Taxi. I know I should not take the unofficial taxi (whatever they are) and stick with the official who do the ride for about 25 Euro (set price?) and that I can grab them at the Airport

But I just read in the Frommer's guidebook that ``Official Cabs are often rare``, and that I should call in advance the Official Airport Cab Company at 812/312-0022.

Is it really necessary? This is for my mom who does speak Russian and will be arriving around 7 PM or so this upcoming Friday. And doesn't have a cell phone (But I do and I guess I could call ahead of time. But how early)

Thanks for any recommendation. I am getting reaaly confused about what to do.

St.Petersburg
Level Contributor
800 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Yet another question about Taxi from Airport to City

The guide book might be a little out of date. There is an official taxi stand right in the airport arrival hall. No need to call in advance.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yet another question about Taxi from Airport to City

Thanks Eugenia! I feel a lot better for my mom now...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
72 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yet another question about Taxi from Airport to City

Is there a regular bus that goes from the airport to the city?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
72 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yet another question about Taxi from Airport to City

Is there a bus that goes from the airport to the city center in St Petersburg/

St. Andrews, UK...
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Yet another question about Taxi from Airport to City

Not the city centre (quite unfortunately). There is, however, a city bus going to the closest metro stop as well as share taxis (which are just smaller uglier buses).

Here is a selection of routes you could take to get right to the Hermitage.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Russia+(%D0%90%D1%8D%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%82+%D0%9F%D1%83%D0%BB%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%BE-2)&daddr=St+Petersburg,+Russia&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=59.871709,30.318146&spn=0.133208,0.295944&sll=59.939039,30.315785&sspn=1.063535,2.367554&geocode=FYWRkAMd1XjOASGZ2NAG9c1jmg%3BFd-YkgMdCZXOASntZUrHjDeWRjH_joSrP2fHbQ&mra=ltm&dirflg=r&ttype=now&noexp=0&noal=0&sort=def&z=12&start=0

Chicago
Level Contributor
69 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yet another question about Taxi from Airport to City

Brenda, - post #5 is not quite correct. There is no a regular bus - this part is true, but there is a minivan that runs scheduled route to city center(so called " marshrutnoe taksi" - P5 called shared taxis ). For all intensive purposes these minivans are smaller bus substitutes - they cannot deviate from the established routes and they run on schedule. You run into a line of these minivans waiting for passengers right when you exit the international terminal. But be careful - all these are running different routes. You need the one that goes to Sennaya subway station. If I remember correctly it is route #3, Departs roughly every 20 min - 20 rubles.

Have fun

Chicago
Level Contributor
69 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Yet another question about Taxi from Airport to City

Spartac,

you mom speaks Russian? is it her native tongue? Or, at least, is she fluent in it? If so just tell her to go directly to the taxi stand just outside the terminal instead of going to the taxi booth inside the terminal - it is going to be cheaper there. Taxis are plentiful, the price is negotiable and it is between 600 and 800 rubles depending on the destination. At least so it was 2 month ago.

Chicago
Level Contributor
69 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Yet another question about Taxi from Airport to City

Spartac,

Wanted to edit my last post - can't. I recall that did it before. Don't know how I did it - can't do it anymore. So this is just an addition for your Russian speaking mom:

www.topairlines.ru/content/taxi/spb.html

this is what I use when I am there.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
68 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Yet another question about Taxi from Airport to City

About regular busses - they are alive))) And You can get by them to Moskovskaya metro station for 21 Ruble. Tickets are available in the bus from a conductor.

from Pulkovo-2 airport - bus №13

from Pulkovo-1 airport - bus №39

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,215 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Yet another question about Taxi from Airport to City

TravellingWithFriends is correct about taxi minibus #3 going from the airport to "Sennaya/Sadovaya" subway station in the very center of the city. But it only makes sense to take it if you arrive late in the evening or very early in the morning (however, I don't know how early they start and how late they stop running). During day time you'll be stuck in the traffic-jam.