We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LED airport to city

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
140 posts
193 reviews
Save Topic
LED airport to city

Hi All,

I will arrive around 20.45 in St Petersburg airport and our hotel asks a 33 euro ( 1300 RUB ) fare for a one way taxi ride to the Crowne Plaza hotel. Now is a normal taxi cheaper or will it then be not reliable ?

Thanks !

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
485 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LED airport to city

Taxis are many at the airport at that time, cost less and are reliable. There's a couple of taxi stands in arrivals section of the airport, they offer cabs for smth like 800RUB per ride.

St. Petersburg...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: LED airport to city

Hi,

I doubt that airport taxis have fixed rates. The regular price to city centre starts from 800 RUR, but there are no guarantees that you get it. It depends on the day time, taxis occupancy and drivers.

To order a taxi from a hotel - is a more reliable option (as he meets you personally), but it's not the cheapest variant.

St.Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LED airport to city

Used airport taxis many times - always fixed rate, within 800 rubles to the city centre. They do speak some basic English. Take the stand straight in front of the exit from the customs' zone - their price are lower.

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
140 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LED airport to city

Great !

Thanks for all the help

St Petersburg Russia
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
2,705 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LED airport to city

I will agree with veresch, the taxi consortium of registered taxi companies have really turned around the reputation of commercial taxis in St Petersburg in the last few years. They offer reliable service, firm published quotes based on distance and can be booked in advance. I used to avoid taxis at all costs in St Petersburg until the new companies introduced competitiveness pricing, new cars and central dispatching. Now it is easier for me to book a taxi the night before an early morning flight than bothering friends to drive me before the metro opens. It is regularly 1/2 the price from 6 years ago with better service.

When arriving at the airport, you will see two small kiosks near the exit doors. Just tell their English speaking attendant and she will quote the price and away you go. The prices are printed on a placard by district but you might not know what district is which but from my experience it is fair.

If you have manageable luggage, say one carry-on, take one of the shuttle buses or a bus to the metro and get off at the 5th stop and walk across the platform to resume your journey and exit after 3 stops. Use the Moscow Station exit and walk across the street to the Crown Plaza. I would not recommend this if you have any more than one piece of hand luggage however. Total cost, about $2

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
140 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LED airport to city

Thanks everyone ! I will just grab a taxi at the airport !

7. Re: LED airport to city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 12:17