We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Pete to airport at 4am

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
94 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
St. Pete to airport at 4am

we need to leave out apt at 4am to get to the airport. I don't believe public transport runs at that hour. Am thinking of going the night before and sleeping at the gate. What are my options? thanks.

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
4,895 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Pete to airport at 4am

I am quite sure St. Petersburg has taxis, so perhaps this makes sense?

St Petersburg Russia
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
2,699 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Pete to airport at 4am

Why, that does not sound comfortable at all. You can't get to the gate until 2 hours before the flight anyway.

Call a taxi the night before for a 4am pickup. From the city center, when there is no traffic it takes only 20 minutes. The charge will be quoted along with license plate number and make and color of the car. It will be a set rate based on distance, probably 600-800 rubles. The last time I use one for an early flight from the city center was in June and it was 600.

The dispatcher will call you when the car is outside if you give a phone number

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Pete to airport at 4am

hi,

Ebertsj is correct! Surprisingly, SPb does have taxi services! If you arrive to SPb by air write down the phone # of official airport taxi company.

A couple of reliable companies are http://www.777taxi.ru/english.php and http://www.taxi068.ru/

As an option you can try this tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298507-i707-k4764… if you stay close to any of these subway stations. But make sure to go to one of these subway stations and find the bus-stop a day or two before you need to go to the airport. I don't know if the stops are easy to find....

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: St. Pete to airport at 4am

This phone conversation with the dispatcher will be in English or Russian? I wouldn't want make any assumptions here.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
94 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St. Pete to airport at 4am

Thanks. We also stopped at the information booth by The Heritage and they will place the call for us to a reputable cab company as well. Our big concern was/is what to do when/if they don/t show, so that is why we wanted someone reputable. Thanks again.

6. Re: St. Pete to airport at 4am

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 04:16