We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Petersburg, Russia in Sept 2012

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
57 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
St. Petersburg, Russia in Sept 2012

I will be traveling to St. Petersburg, Russia next year. What should I plan to pack, wear for days, nights? What is the weather like? Any advice or pointers will be gratefully appreciated.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,599 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: St. Petersburg, Russia in Sept 2012

Merry, I would suggest that you remove your email address (report the post to a moderator and ask for it to be removed.) Your inbox will be filled with unwanted spam.

As for what to do, it's recommended to read through the commonly asked questions and articles before asking generic questions. Then, when you've got an idea of what you want to see or do, you can ask specific things like "is it feasible to do Y and X on the same day? Or are they too far apart?"

I've learned that what some people consider a "must do", other people would be completely uninterested in. So best to read through and come up with an itinerary that best suits yourself.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
57 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: St. Petersburg, Russia in Sept 2012

ok then.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
57 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: St. Petersburg, Russia in Sept 2012

I have no idea where to go to find a moderator

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,274 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: St. Petersburg, Russia in Sept 2012

Merry011, for moderator help try to search here http://www.tripadvisor.com/help

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: St. Petersburg, Russia in Sept 2012

You can delete your own post by clicking on the "Report inappropriate content" button below the post you wish to delete and then select "Remove my post" from the pull down menu.

St Petersburg Russia
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
2,705 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: St. Petersburg, Russia in Sept 2012

In the evening, dress as you would want for comfort but style and feminine is not dirty words here, so as another posted commented, it is very hard to overdress here and no one will think you are trying to show off if you wear your best fur and accessories, it can add to the atmosphere of elegance that just does not happen often in daily life for most visitors.

The weather will be changeable, so be prepared with layers that can be adjusted while out and about. This last September was cool and rainy but this winter has been warm and dry, both out of the norm. We finally got a dusting of snow this week when it looked like it was going to go from fall directly into spring without a winter.

When out, dress for the event, not the weather by using outer street garments for warmth, because all venues, restaurants, clubs, museums, theaters etc have staffed cloak rooms where you can leave your street shoes and outer garments. In the winter or foul weather the capacity of museums and theaters is limited to the number of cloakroom hangers. When they are full, the entrance is closed until new empty slots become available.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
57 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: St. Petersburg, Russia in Sept 2012

Excellent advice!!! Thank you so much.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
57 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: St. Petersburg, Russia in Sept 2012

I removed the post!! Thank you all so much for letting me know how.

19. Re: St. Petersburg, Russia in Sept 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 09:15