We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Watch your pocket and belongings at St Issac's

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
363 posts
181 reviews
Save Topic
Watch your pocket and belongings at St Issac's

i have received a few posts from my fellow travelers recently saying that their stuff have been stolen in St issac's.

the thieves act in a group. they tried to stop people from walking and one will open their bag and steal stuff

once the "victim" found the wallet was stolen, one member of the gang followed the victim in order to delay him from stopping the credit card and going to police station

here are some pictures of the suspects

www.travellife.org/forum/viewthread.php…

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,534 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Watch your pocket and belongings at St Issac's

Wow...sorry about your experience, and what bad PR for poor St. Isaac's!

Without being "alarmist", as has been pointed out many times on this site re: crime, suggest you use the same level of caution you would in any large city...not just here, and not just in St. Isaac's...that is, keep your belingings close at hand, be aware of your surroundings, and certainly, the more crowded and bustling the place, the more so. Pickpockets (or pickpurses) do very well in such environments...again, the world over...

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Watch your pocket and belongings at St Issac's

Good info Wanson, like you I've never been a victim of this type of thing, but that's not to say it doesn't go on. I've heard too that often children are used to commit these crimes, being directed by nearby adults.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Watch your pocket and belongings at St Issac's

<often children are used to commit these crimes, being directed by nearby adults.>

especially true for gypsies! Every time you see a group of gypsy people here in SPb (tourist places or the public transportation or a busy street) do watch out! You wouldn't even notice how their little kids (I mean like 3-4-5 years old) would drain your purse and your pockets! Their hands are just something!

4. Re: Watch your pocket and belongings at St Issac's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 00:16