We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Petersburg Nightlife set up?

s f
Shreveport...
Level Contributor
353 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
St. Petersburg Nightlife set up?

Hello! I’m continuing my research of my trip to SPB on 26 June - 2 July 2012 and I am asking if my impression about the nightlife set up is correct? The place looks packed with many great places to drink, dance and mingle. However (and I’m probably wrong on this but I really can’t find a dedicated Street or Area where there are Multiple bars one-after-the-other close to each other, it seems that the establishments are more spread out throughtout the city.) Is this true? Is there such a street or one that emerges as the weather warms up and the nights become long? Right now, I’m planning on staying at the Nevsky Contour hotel and jumping on the metro for one stop to the stop Nevsky Prospekt and wander from there, as that seems where the majority of the action is. Thank you for your comments!

Voronezh, Russia
Level Contributor
45 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Petersburg Nightlife set up?

Hi, m0vic!

A lot of pubs, cafe and restaurants in St.-Petersburg are concentrated on Nevsky Prospekt – from metro station Nevsky Prospekt in a direction of metro station Ploshad Vosstania. If you will move in this direction, many such establishments will be on the left side of your travel direction (around Nekrasova street, Mayakovsky street, Vosstania street, Ligovsky prospect). It is city center, and certainly, at nights there briskly. It is not a special area of establishments of this kind, but a lot of them are concentrated there.

Perhaps this link will be useful to you. It is a website about St.-Petersburg in English. http://petersburgcity.com/nightlife/clubs/

St Petersburg Russia
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
2,705 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Petersburg Nightlife set up?

The region you wish to visit will be determined by what you want for "night life". The dance clubs are not on Nevsky pr there are many all night sushi restaurants and coffee shops that are meeting places for young people. There are a few pubs but the active, interesting pubs are not too far away from where you will be.

There are hundreds of little "art" cafes in the city center, usually quiet relaxed places good for wine and conversation with jazz (live or dj) or some eclectic sort of music.

For bars that have dancing, the most popular in the city is a chain called "XXXX the Bar" of which there are 10 in the city. Liteyny pr is a good street with about 1/2 dozen good dance clubs and one sort of a large bar with dancing that is part of a US chain called "Coyote Ugly".

Most of the dance clubs that are worth visiting are pretty strict with face control and favor a young hip crowd so depending on your age you might feel out of place if over 26 or so. The English and Irish pubs are very popular with all ages but as with all venues after 9pm are dominated by young people. But that is part of the fun because on a whole the kids are great, very well behaved, almost all college grads, and are fun loving and social with an interest in striking up a conversation with anyone who seems interesting to talk with. There are around 200 English style pubs.

Bol. Konyushennaya which has been remodeled and done up just recently to be the new high end clothing and jewelry street, with a beautiful raised pedestrian walk between the lanes also has a lot of pubs and night spots. There are 6 pubs and bars plus a couple cafe/clubs that are worth visiting.

For more night life oriented towards dining, try Rubinsteiner ul. which is a narrow street off Nevsky prospect that has a wide variety of pubs, bars, and restaurants of a dozen or more national cuisines including Thai, Spanish, Cuban, English pubs, Mexican, Irish, Continental(mix of European), Japanese, American, Irish, Ukrainian, Sardinian, and Italian.

By the time you arrive, 50 more English pubs and 75 new sushi places will have opened, and a few dozen small art bars in the city center.

If you can be more specific in your interests I can suggest specific places where you would feel most comfortable.

s f
Shreveport...
Level Contributor
353 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Petersburg Nightlife set up?

Thanks a bunch! Great web link and a lot of fantastic info. I like the location of the hotel and it looks like it is within a Metro stop or two and then a stroll to some of the bars/clubs. During my research the “xxxx” bars look good along with the street called -Liteyny Irish/English bars are fun along with I believe Stanj, awhile ago you mentioned that there were some “Biker” Bars in the city as well I would like to visit those as I believe they would play the type of music I listen to, Heavy Metal/Rock, in the states these bars are always fun. When summer comes around it also looks like clubs/outdoor areas might open North of the city as well? Also a club called “Fidel” looks like it is a blast. Thanks for the comments that are helping build my itinerary this summer!

san francisco
Level Contributor
543 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St. Petersburg Nightlife set up?

One of the joys of summer in St. Petersburg are all of the outdoor beer gardens set up around the city, the parks, the sites, along the Neva, etc., at all hours of day and night. Makes for an excellent "pub crawl" of sorts. Definitely worth a wander...Have fun!

5. Re: St. Petersburg Nightlife set up?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2012, 10:18