We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which of these hotels?

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rochester Hills...
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Which of these hotels?

I'm checking room rates for a 4 night stay (April 4-8).

It will be myself (mom) and my 16 year old son.

We plan to walk (mostly) and use public transportation for sightseeing.

Things that interest us in a hotel (the more of these the better):

Excellent location for walking to central sights (this is probably tops for us?)

Selection of Reasonably priced restaurants nearby (we are NOT "foodies".....we look at food as food, so fast food, cafes, etc is fine).

Included breakfast (hearty?!) is a plus

NONSMOKING rooms would be a huge plus.

It's always nice when a hotel has a good vibe, and when the area it is in is pleasant. You know the hotel where you are just happy to be there....we find this in all sizes, all price ranges.

Good shower with plenty of hot water!

You'll notice that these are all clustered together in a close area. I THINK this is the "best" area to stay in ...... am I correct?

Please let me know the pros/cons of each of these.

Also, is there someplace else I missed in this price range that I should be looking at?

Pushka Inn: Prices range from $651-770 for 4 nights stay.

Comfort Hotel: $561-769 for a 4 night stay.

Petro Palace Hotel: $668 for a 4 night stay.

Is the Pushka Inn more central to all the sights?

Is one of these in a better or more pleasant or more walkable area than the others?

Is one of these nicer than the others?

I don't think any of these is non-smoking????

Anything at all that would put one ahead or behind the others?

THANK YOU!!!!!

Rochester Hills...
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which of these hotels?

Let me add one more.

Renaissance St. Petersburg Baltic Hotel (Marriott): $942 total for 4 nights (nonsmoking available)

I think this one is "fancier" than I think we generally stay in, and I'm not sure if the location is as good as the other hotels (?????), but the price seems right.....but would it lose all local flavor? Anyway, I will consider it!

:)

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which of these hotels?

Don`t know that you will appreciate another one to consider but this is the hotel we have booked for the end of our river cruise next year.

As far as I can tell (not tried it yet of course) the position is handy for walking, price is good and hotel is new. Breakfast is not included however.

tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g298507-d183…

Rochester Hills...
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which of these hotels?

I will look at any and all suggested hotels! :)

(thank you!)

Rochester Hills...
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which of these hotels?

OK, add that one to my list.....

Hotel 3MostA is also a possibility. Price that one comes in at around the same as the Comfort Hotel.

Doing a bit more reading, I think we're scratching the Marriott off our list for being too long of a walk from most places. (especially in early April, when the weather might be a problem for us).

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which of these hotels?

DrDebi,

you're correct about Marriott being a bit too far from the most attractions especially for early-April-walking. Besides, Marriott is Marriott anywhere in the world. The other hotels seem to be small local non-chain hotels, so you may get some special feeling staying there.

Rochester Hills...
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which of these hotels?

Thank you, Svetakoshka!

Of the ones I listed, does any of them stand out as better or worse than the others in your mind?

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which of these hotels?

DrDebi, unfortunately I personally cannot say anything about any of the listed hotels 'cause I've never been in any of them and don't know anybody who stayed, sorry. The only thing, friends-of-friends-of-friends had a room in Pushka Inn for their after-wedding-night - they loved it but it was special "wedding suite" (or whatever it's called). I've checked the websites for all mentioned hotels and they all look fine.... From my experience not many hotels in Russia (unless it's a big foreign chain hotel) offer rooms with breakfast, so if it's important for you make sure they have it.

You've also mentioned that you're OK with fast-food places to eat - you'll easily find plenty of them in the center of the city, along Nevsky prospek, not far from any of the hotels mentioned.

Rochester Hills...
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which of these hotels?

I'm leaning toward the Pushka Inn.......

St.Petersburg...
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which of these hotels?

I think that the Comfort is one of the best in its category in town - located between Nevsky prospect and St.Isaac's square, very close to the new metro station to be opened tomorrow. I have had a small group staying there - as well as several individual tourists. The hotel occupies 2 floors in a former apartment house transformed into a hotel space (with 2 more hotels in the same stairwell). They have got even cork floor cover (probably, not yet in all the rooms).

Marriott Baltic is not at all far away - just across the square from St.Isaac's cathedral...

Petro Palace - there were complaints for service not meeting 4*-level expectations.

3 mosta - a very nice area, with not a big traffic, with the Church on the Spilt Blood and Mikhailovsky gardens nearby and 10-min walk from the Hermitage.

Rochester Hills...
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which of these hotels?

Hmmmmmmm, now Veresch has me thinking again! It might certainly be nice to be directly next to a metro station.

Veresch, which would you choose for location and just "everything" for first time visitors to St. Petersburg? Which will make us fall in love with the city? Comfort? Pushka?