We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shore Excursions Tour in St. Petersburg

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Shore Excursions Tour in St. Petersburg

We'll be on Norwegian Sun for 9 night Baltic Capitals starts on May 4th, 2012.

We have two options for shore excursion in St. Petersburg: one is from Norwegian Cruise Line; another one is named as "Exclusive Two day Best of St. Petersburg (visas included)" offered from United Cruises the travel agency we booked for our trip.

Dose anyone have good or not so good experience about this "Exclusive Two Day Best of St. Petersburg" tour from United Cruises?

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,324 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shore Excursions Tour in St. Petersburg

> We have two options for shore excursion in St. Petersburg

No, you have a lot more choice - please search the forum archives for shore excursions by local operators.

Edited: 21 March 2012, 05:52
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shore Excursions Tour in St. Petersburg

What did you find out? We are in a similar situation and I am looking for a good guide.

Cheshire UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
691 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shore Excursions Tour in St. Petersburg

we are also in the same situation and concerned that we are limited to cruise tour excursions when we read on petersburgcity.com that you MUST book with a cruise liner tour. Hoping that someone can definitivley tell us that we can pre-book a tour without the need for a tourist visa as we haven't time to apply for one

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shore Excursions Tour in St. Petersburg

I got this message from the message board, just copy as following, Hope this will provide some help. We will take the tour provided by Alla Tours in St. Petersburg.

Hi

I saw your query about this. You will find all the options you want with the excellent independent tour operators in St P on TripAdvisor's sister site, Cruise Citric - head for the Northern Europe and Baltic forums. And if you book for both there (with the same company - Alla Tours, SPB, etc) and Berlin you will get a slight discount.

There is never any problem in getting back to the ship because the tour companies (of which there are several excellent ones) structure the 2 days so that you are back in 'town' that second afternoon and thus within 15 minutes of the dock. Missing a ship will never happen, as it would be commercial suicide for that company

I used Alla Tours and had a fantastic time. If you look in the Cruise Critic website you will see SPB and TJ Travel also get rave reviews. Independent tours are much better in so so many ways than the ship's offerings - cheaper, smaller groups, more flexible for photostops etc.

Have a great time, I'm sure you will.

All the best

Tony

cortina26@talktalk.net - email me if you want the links to my 16 Baltic cruise videos, including 6 from St P

Cheshire UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
691 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shore Excursions Tour in St. Petersburg

many thanks for you speedy response, will you be getting a russian tourist visa before you go ?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shore Excursions Tour in St. Petersburg

No, the tour company will do it. It's all included in the package.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,324 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shore Excursions Tour in St. Petersburg

The tour company can NOT get you a Russian tourist visa. The truth is you DON'T NEED a visa if you arrive with a cruise for less than 72 hours and book a tour with ANY local operator.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shore Excursions Tour in St. Petersburg

Thank you much for the correction.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
11,324 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shore Excursions Tour in St. Petersburg

PS Tony must be really grateful to you for publishing his email address this way.

Cheshire UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
691 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shore Excursions Tour in St. Petersburg

thankyou Marassa & RDGU

that makes me feel a whole lot more reassured