We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise from St Petersburg to Helsinki

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Malaysia
Level Contributor
83 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise from St Petersburg to Helsinki

Hi,

Need help on cruise booking on Princess Maria from SPb to Helsinki from 30Sep-03Oct.

1) I read from the website there is a 15% discount for early birds. However, I cant seem to get this discount when I tried to book online. Any suggestions/ideas?

2)Under meal, packages and misc, I found an item called TRANSFER "terminal-flamingo-jumbo-heureka". What is this? Is it compulsory for us to buy this item?

3) Any comments on the buffet dinner served onboard? We were still hesitating whether or not to do an advance meals purchase.

Thank you

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
466 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise from St Petersburg to Helsinki

2 - these are popular spa resort & department stores located in Helsinki outskirts. Definitely, you don't have to pay for that shuttle.

St Petersburg Russia
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
2,699 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise from St Petersburg to Helsinki

The meals I had were OK but not great, either the more formal ala carte restaurant or the buffet. I preferred the buffet, about 30 euros but my companion did not like it, since she only wanted a salad and 30 Euros for a salad is high for its quality. The other restaurant was about 100euros for 2, that would have been about 1/2 that in St Petersburg. If we had wine it would have been a lot more. That is not high for restaurants generally but it was for the quality.

The security, when getting on, is really only concerned with people smuggling in food. They even confiscated a couple bars of chocolate when we boarded. I was intent on getting some snacks on the return trip so smuggled some dried fruit in a bulky winter coat but they took our bottles of water that I intentionally kept in a plastic bag held by hand, thinking that easy mark would distract them. It worked. They even checked toiletries because locals have been trying to get alcohol on-board using glass cosmetic or after shave bottles.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
83 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise from St Petersburg to Helsinki

Btw, are there any restrictions on what we can bring/buy from Helsinki and brought back to the cruise to St. Peter? We thought of buying some chocolates, candies, wines and maybe some snacks (Assuming we purchased food vouchers) and also some outdoors stuffs eg. camping knife etc.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
466 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise from St Petersburg to Helsinki

cricket006, ferry line's policy does not allow people to carry their own food onboard. In real life, they strictly follow that when it comes to bringing liquors. Snacks & small food packages are actually allowed. So, be ready to check your wine bottles in deposit room for the trip (definitely, you will get them back upon arrival).

5. Re: Cruise from St Petersburg to Helsinki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 10:15