We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hostel to watch the bridges on Neva

Bulgaria
Level Contributor
69 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Hostel to watch the bridges on Neva

I am going to stay for a few days in the airport Park Inn and I want to see the raising of the bridges on Neva for 1 night. Is there a hostel nearby in which I can crash as I assume it will be cheaper then the taxi back to my hotel?

Also, which is the most beatiful bridge to watch, maybe I should look for something around it?

Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,831 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hostel to watch the bridges on Neva

I do not think there will be a hostel cheaper, than taxi to Park Inn. Park Inn Pulkovskaya is in the city, and the taxi should be 600 Rub at most. I doubt you can sleep in St. Petersburg for this money. Enjoy!

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hostel to watch the bridges on Neva

I agree. Don't bother with hostel. Just stay at the same side of Neva river to be able to taxi directly to your hotel when you are done with watching bridges.

Bulgaria
Level Contributor
69 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hostel to watch the bridges on Neva

OK, thanks!

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,299 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hostel to watch the bridges on Neva

Agree with all above - don't bother with a hostel, just stay on "your" side and take a taxi.

>>which is the most beatiful bridge to watch

you have plenty of time and can stroll from one to another to the next one. Bridges over Neva open at: 01:05 - Dvortsovii, 01:25 - Blagoveshchensky(former Lieutenant Shmidt), 01;35 - Troitsky, 01:40 - Liteiny. You can start between Blagoveshchensky and Dvortsovii near Bronze horseman monument and then walk to Troitsky and Liteinii....

Plymouth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
5,860 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hostel to watch the bridges on Neva

Agree 100% with Svetakoshka re: the strolling down...I did this vs. splurging for a boat ride, and was not disappointed...at a reasonable walking pace, you can see the main bridges she mentions, even stopping for a second to get a picture...loads of people out walking around as well.

Do be sure though to get your hotel on the "land" side of the river (not for example, on Vasilievski Island) so you don't get trapped on the wrong side of the river with the bridges up...

6. Re: Hostel to watch the bridges on Neva

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2013, 10:17