We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ballet in St Peterburg October

Suffolk.England
Level Contributor
26 posts
160 reviews
Save Topic
Ballet in St Peterburg October

Hello,can you help ?my husband and I would very much like to book tickets for a ballet in St Petersburg in October.We arrive there 2nd October and leave 6th October,have seen that the Nutcracker is on at the Alexandrinsky Imperial Ballet Theatre , but cannot find it listed on their theatre site, can anyone suggest any other theatres with ballets on rather than a concert or opera please ? The Alexandrinsky Imperial Ballet Theatre looks beautiful, I can get tickets from another site but it has been mentioned on trip advisor already in this forum that 'balletandopera.com' are more expensive than others,please help as I am having problems actually finding another site that I can order tickets from.Many thanks Angela

(the is 'tickitnow' for these tickets but it says' enquire' only.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,281 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ballet in St Peterburg October

Hi Angela,

>> the Nutcracker is on at the Alexandrinsky Imperial Ballet Theatre , but cannot find it listed on their theatre site,

Alexandrinsky theater is a DRAMA theater, not a ballet theater. It rents its stage out to some other theaters and the Nutcracker is performed by Tachkin's ballet Co and that's why you don't see it on it's website.

No ballet in Mariinsky for your dates, sorry.

Mikhailovsky theater has La Bayadere Oct.3-5 http://www.mikhailovsky.ru/en/afisha/2012/10, tickets online withour markup. It says "revised version" I haven't seen it, can't comment.

This might be pricey and a bit touristy Swan Lake at the Hermitage theater rus-ballet.com/kalendermonat-10-2012-1-1.htm

Our of all three my order of preference would be: 1. Mikhailovsky, La Bayadere, 2. Alexandrinsky, Nutcracker, 3. The Hermitage, Swan Lake

see also tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298507-i707-k5557…

Edited: 07 September 2012, 15:28
Suffolk.England
Level Contributor
26 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ballet in St Peterburg October

Thank you so very much for your very prompt reply,we have taken your advice/order of preference and booked two tickets for the Mikhailovsky, La Bayadere,there are still a good range of tickets on there and reasonably priced,very excited about prospect,the theatre looks beautiful,any idea about dress code ? cannot find mention of it on their site.

Extremely grateful to you, thank you again

Kind regards Angela

St Petersburg Russia
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
2,705 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ballet in St Peterburg October

You will find a range of dress level, with some going casual but that is not as common after tourist season. You will see those who dress formally, most however dress in nice suit or sport coat and slacks for men and nice dress, not an evening gown, for women, instead of dressing formally. It is just about impossible to overdress in St Petersburg however. The level of performance presented at Mikhailovsky will be high so you will enjoy it.

The Alexandrinsky has been restored very recently and is beautiful and the ballet company has a good mid-level reputation, which, considering the surplus of dance talent in St Petersburg is pretty high.

Swan Lake at the Heritage Theater is in a lovely small venue but is oriented towards tourists even though there are not many in October.

Suffolk.England
Level Contributor
26 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ballet in St Peterburg October

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a message on here,the information is much appreciated,we are looking forward to our trip to St Petersburg and especially attending the Mikhailovsky, we are very excited,hope weather not too cold there yet ? !

Kindest regards

Angela

5. Re: Ballet in St Peterburg October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2013, 10:16