We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

river cruise moscow /st petersburg

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
fife
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
river cruise moscow /st petersburg

Myself and 3 other ladies are looking for advice on river cruising in Russia. Any advice on companies to /not to travel with. Also when is best time to go. Thank you.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,215 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: river cruise moscow /st petersburg

Hi usus12,

for a start you can use search function in both Moscow and SPb, just type in "river cruise" and you'll get plenty of info (ships names, routs, reviews, discussions etc), for example http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?scope=2&ff=718&geo=298484&q=river+cruise&sub-search.x=0&sub-search.y=0&returnTo=__2F__ (if the link doesn't work from this post just copy-paste it in your browser)

St Petersburg Russia
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
2,676 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: river cruise moscow /st petersburg

There are three main companies who own and operate ships and prices vary a lot because the level of services and boats vary. The most expensive and on the more Luxury side is Viking River Cruises with most St Petersburg to Moscow routes lasting 11 days plus g a little time in both Moscow and St Petersburg. Their mid level cabins are about $4500-$6000 per person.

There are a couple Russian companies which are more modestly priced but also have more limited luxury features, around $1500-3000. All of them include cursory bus tours of Moscow and St Petersburg with the cruise but more in depth tour are extra charges.

Let me know what specific questions you might have since I know most of the river boat and feature of the cruises.

fife
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: river cruise moscow /st petersburg

Thank you for your help. Should we go with a company which includes most trips and cost quite a bit more or go with cheaper companies (cosmos, archers) and pay for most of trips when we get there. We would like to have a Moscow metro tour, a ballet, Catherines Palace, Peterhof Palace P and p fortress. Could you give a rough indication of prices for these in May. Thank you

St Petersburg Russia
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
2,676 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: river cruise moscow /st petersburg

Hello usus12, I sent a private message with more information...

Singapore, Singapore
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: river cruise moscow /st petersburg

A group of about 6 to 8 of us from Singapore are planning a trip to Moscow and St Petersburg. We are hoping to find a 3/4 nights cruise from Moscow to St Petes without the Moscow and St Petes sight seeing included as we would like to do these cities on our own in a more leisurely fashion.

Grateful if anyone with information of such a cruise would reply to me at fjleong@singnet.com.sg

Many thanks in advance,

Janet

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
10,770 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: river cruise moscow /st petersburg

> a 3/4 nights cruise from Moscow to St Petes

is not feasible.

New York
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: river cruise moscow /st petersburg

A boat this fast has not been built by man

Singapore, Singapore
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: river cruise moscow /st petersburg

Hi Marassa and Vladchan

Thank you for your info.

Janet

9. Re: river cruise moscow /st petersburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2013, 12:06
Eagle River, Alaska
Level Contributor
16 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: river cruise moscow /st petersburg

Hi,

Is the White Night Cruise around St.Petersburg something we should definitely see? We are from Alaska and have the same daylight/darkness cycle. I am thinking that the architecture and ambiance might be interesting at night but we could probably catch some nice views from our hotel rooftop floors. Thank.

Jeanne