We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

st. petersburg and moscow

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
st. petersburg and moscow

Hi Everyone!

Aussie here looking at heading over to Russia for a few weeks.. i am thinking a week and a half in St Petersburg and the same in moscow.

I am wondering how much it might cost me.. I wont be getting on the drink or hitting bars or anything..

Basically walking around both cities.. Few dinners out here and there. A train to moscow and that is about it.

Also wondering the best way to do accomodation?

I know there is not much info here for you but any help would be appreciated..

Once again looking for how much i might need to get me by day by day. Flights and Hotels not included in this.

Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
2,869 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: st. petersburg and moscow

Your daily costs definitely depends on your lifestyle. Apart from accomodations - breakfast in a cafe R200-300 (like omelette/eggs/porrigge, sweet baked something and coffee, set lunch in a restaurant could be R300-400 (rather filling meal with salad, soup, entree and drink), dinner R500 to 1000 for a nicer meal. Food courts in shopiing ctnters provide better value and usually big choice.

Accomodation is another story, hotels in Moscow would be $150 minimum (and ++) and some commuting, homestays and hostels - may coachsurfing or others help. Surf the web.

Transportation - a bus/metro ride is R28 per ride.

Others. Museum tickets R100-300, ice cream R30-50, bottle of water in supermarket R30, beer also R30-50 (local or licenced), beer in the bar R100-300.

Hope this helps, more questions are welcome

St.Petersburg...
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: st. petersburg and moscow

Museum prices - rather 300 - 700 rubles, hotel choice - try to look for tripadvisor recommendations; also - booking.com. The best area in St.Petersburg - around Nevsky prospect (Bolshaya Morskaya st, Malaya Morskaya st - lots of mini hotels). Luxurious offer - Astoria, Grand hotel Europe, Kempinski... The cheapest place will be about 100 euros a night for double room with breakfast

Victor, New York
Level Contributor
24 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: st. petersburg and moscow

Travelling on Oceania Marina 8/24 to 9/3. 3 days ported in St. Petersburg 8/27-28-29 allows for the second day to go to Moscow via high speed train( Sapsan-with all other aspects of tour included as well)- and do a 2 day tour in St. Petersburg using SPB tours.All covered under their visa. They expect to have you organize others, as it is actually listed as a private tour.Cost drops very dramatically as # of persons book-for Moscow- to as low as $455p.p. for 12 .All 3 tours are comprehensive, very organized and are listed as #1 tour co. by this organization for Russia and other Baltic countries.. Would certainly give the cruise passenger an affordable way to see Moscow- The Kremlin-St. Basil's, Red Square, Parliament, The Armory chamber ( faberge eggs as well as other treasures) GUM shopping and New Arabat street, as well as posssibly the famous Izmailovsky market for heaps of discount shopping- to name just some.Join us won't you? We are extremely well travelled individuals who enjoy doing a lot of our own organization.Check out the tour co.on line with this tour-and respond as above to our post. Then you can be added to this tour with us-and the cost will decrease- as I will send your response to them-and they will respond to you of course, adding you to this special tour. Await many responses. DB and WB

4. Re: st. petersburg and moscow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2014, 07:15