We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel location in ST PETERSBURG

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lichfield, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel location in ST PETERSBURG

We are travelling to STP in Jan 2014 and are considering where it is beat for us to be located. One important question that comes to mind is "are there any undesirable or unsafe areas of the city?"

Can anyone recommend a hotel

Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
2,848 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel location in ST PETERSBURG

Undesirable areas are I;d say those away from activities and public transport. No particular safety issue. The more to the center-the better-more expencive. Choose your center/price balance and enjoy!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
217 posts
393 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel location in ST PETERSBURG

In January, you could get great off-season deals in most of the centrally located hotels. Anything around the St Isaak's Square or along Nevsky is walking distance from most of the attractions, safe and clean. Really depends on your price range, my pick is the Renaissance, the W or the new Four Seasons next to it, as it's actually slated to open in May '13, and might have the intro rates for low season.

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
23 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel location in ST PETERSBURG

We stayed at the Pushka Inn. Clean, comfortable and great breakfast. Within 5 minutes walk to the Hermitage, 10 to St Isaacs and 10 to Church on Spilled Blood. It is off the Nevsky Prospect and again 10 minutes to the metro. We felt very safe in this area.

We also went in January this year. Be prepared that it doesn't get light until 10 a.m. and gets dark about five. t's a great time to go, fewer tourists, snow.

It is true that the buildings are heated so layers are best.

Enjoy.

St.Petersburg...
Destination Expert
for St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel location in ST PETERSBURG

Upmarket - W, Astoria, Kempinski, Grand hotel Europe, Renaissance Baltic, Angleterre, Domina Prestige; on the way - Lion's Palace of the Four Seasons

Cheaper - Petro Palace hotel, Casa Leto

Moderately priced: Comfort, Herzen house, Nevsky Inn - all around and between the Hermitage museum and St.Isaac's cathedral

Areas: 1-40 in Nevsky prospect, 1-50 in Bolshaya Morskaya st, Malaya Morskaya st, St.Isaac's square...

Lichfield, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel location in ST PETERSBURG

Thanks for your help. That's great

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
217 posts
393 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel location in ST PETERSBURG

It's nice of someone to list all the hotels in the guidebook, but as someone who has actually LIVED in most of the 4 and 5 star hotels in SPB over the last 10 years, I'd recommend the W, Renaissance, Kempinski and the Grand Europa. If you want to save and stay within a 10 min bus ride of the Palace Square, try the Marriott Pushkin on Griboyedov Canal or the Novotel on Mayakovsky St.

Lichfield, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel location in ST PETERSBURG

Thank you. That is extremely helpful

Hartlepool
Level Contributor
89 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel location in ST PETERSBURG

Me and my son stayed at the Petro palace hotel last week and it was in a perfect position. 100m from St Isaac's cathedral and 100m from a metro station. As for safety, I never felt unsafe at any point in my 5 days there. I found people not gushing but once you talked to them, the majority where very nice. If you have any questions drop me a message.

Lichfield, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel location in ST PETERSBURG

That's very interesting and helpful. Many thanks

10. Re: Hotel location in ST PETERSBURG

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2014, 05:18