We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much time is required to get through the airport?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
How much time is required to get through the airport?

We are a group of 4p arriving Pulkovo-2 Thu July 4th at 1605 with Estonian Air from Tallinn. In order to make plans for our first evening I would like to have an idea of how much time it will take us to get through immigration control, luggage pickup, customs and out of the airport. I know it may vary a lot, and I suppose an afternoon in summer will be a busy time, but I've also read that the airport is small. Is there a risk we have to wait in line a long time for immigration control? What are your experiences?

Mentioned in this post
Pulkovo Airport
Pulkovo Airport
St. Petersburg, Russia
Tallinn
Tallinn
Harju County, Estonia
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
217 posts
393 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much time is required to get through the airport?

It could be anywhere from 15 min to 2 hours, I've had everything happen in that terminal over the years. Get lucky, no line, bags come in time, and nobody (customs officers) harassing you at the exit, you're done in minutes. Lots of flights come in at the same time, especially from Asia or southern CIS states, bags lost or misplaced, and you're stuck for a while.

Moscow, Russia
Destination Expert
for Moscow
Level Contributor
3,948 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much time is required to get through the airport?

Should be 1 hour maximum... Flights from southern CIS states now arrive to Pulkovo 1 mostly, so it should not be crowded...

Mentioned in this post
Pulkovo Airport
Pulkovo Airport
St. Petersburg, Russia
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much time is required to get through the airport?

Thanks a lot, that is reassuring.

4. Re: How much time is required to get through the airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2014, 06:17